Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here also and not to sure how this works if I am even doing it right.

I have a 11 year old Rottie that I have had sense she was 7 weeks old she is my baby but she is getting old and many problems that I would like to talk about.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hi ! Welcome aboard. You seem to be doing it right so far. You own a Rottweiler and you came here to this site ! We have a few pretty helpful members here to help with your questions / problems. Look over to your left ( forums ) and post your questions, pictures, etc in the forum it most closely fits in. Someone will try and help you. Again, welcome aboard !

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Welcome.

I had an old girl also .She was my babie too.I miss her lots and always will.

If you have a ny question we will try to help.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi Tasha , I think all of us regulars here have had a Rott that has been 10yrs or even older . I lost a girl Allie 6 yrs ago she was almost 11 ...we still miss her ....also and my Mother-in-law had her son and losthim about a year ago his name was Zimba he was a brut ! and a big baby ....I think we all have had medical problems here with our pups so ask away ...and Welcome !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply as I siad my Rottie is 11 years old but in pretty good health.

Her main problem is Musccle Atrophy in her left front quarter she has a real hard time getting around she limps so bad at time it is almost a hop in the front she takes Rimadyl and we tryed Glucosamine she does not seem to be in pain but I guess it is hard to tell she does not cry about it.

Is their anything that can be done we go to the vet like twice a month and they find nothing esle wrong with her just say old ageshe has a coulpe of lumps that have poped up we have been for them to one in the leg that gives her trouble it has been checked with a needle biopsy and they say it is fat tissue.

I am at the point that I am thinking about having her put down only because I dont want her to suffer but I just cant bring my self to do that just yet as it we kill me.

If anyone has any input on this or can help me in anyway with anything else I can do please reply.

Thank You

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
They say to write down your dogs three favorite things.

When they can no longer do those things it is time to say good bye.It comes down to your decission.You will be the one to know when it is time for them to leave.It is not an easyone at all.

Just love them and spend as much time as you can with the old guys

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I second that ! if she is still getting around ok and not in much discomfort then let her be for now , like Donna said you will know when it's time . Just give her allot of loven's !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.