Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me introduce myself. I am 53 (December) and will be looking to retire in the next 7 years so this will allow me to research my breeder and prospective puppy purchase. I note that good breeders do not breed year in year out so I may have to wait for my puppy' parents to be selected due to timing of the breeding. I have had various dogs growing up and as, I am single now, I am looking for a furry companion lol.
I have researched various media on Rottweilers and have been excited and also saddened regarding the breed. I have noted the rise in available puppies of all breeds due to Covid-19 and also the amount of alarming thefts. But I am not here on this forum to dwell on this.
I am looking to purchase a well bred, healthy, as true to the original breed standard as possible. I have up until joining today contacted breeders in Germany, Austria and USA enquiring about their dogs and the prospective pups offered. Why? You may ask. This is because I did not know where to seek information regarding my purchase so, thanks to Google search engine.
I believe you get what you pay for but also do not believe in parting with monies without researching your prospective investment. I am also aware that there may be changes to the rules regarding the importing of animals including dogs and cats. But at the moment the UK Government website still says you can so lets see what transpires in the future.
I have enquired after Von der Scherau kennels in Germany, Vom Brandauerweg in Austria and Von Evman Rottweilers in the USA. All appear to be ethical breeders and I will be visiting them before making my decision to buy.
The type of dog I am looking for will be Healthy, Conform to the German breed standard, excellent temperament and have recognised bloodlines in case I decide to stud him.
I understand I may be seen to be over cautious especially if I will be looking to travel abroad to research my intended prospect but I want to have as much information as possible to help me in my purchase. Fore armed is fore warned.I love the intelligence of this breed. They are good with children and natural protectors.
I am sure by now some of you will be shaking your heads as to why I would look to purchase from abroad. Well the Rottweiler originated in Germany. I also note that some of the valued bloodlines have travelled outside Germany to include the USA, UK, Serbia, Austria and so on. Unfortunately, I do not have limitless funds at my disposal to travel everywhere. I have only been able to see a few of the truly famous dogs, some of whom I do not find pleasing to my eye.
That is why I joined this forum as suggested by a friend who breeds Olde English Bulldogs as a place to glean information.

Any advice, assistance in helping me with my future purchase will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

David

·
Registered
94 Posts
Let me introduce myself. I am 53 (December) and will be looking to retire in the next 7 years so this will allow me to research my breeder and prospective puppy purchase. I note that good breeders do not breed year in year out so I may have to wait for my puppy' parents to be selected due to timing of the breeding. I have had various dogs growing up and as, I am single now, I am looking for a furry companion lol.
I have researched various media on Rottweilers and have been excited and also saddened regarding the breed. I have noted the rise in available puppies of all breeds due to Covid-19 and also the amount of alarming thefts. But I am not here on this forum to dwell on this.
I am looking to purchase a well bred, healthy, as true to the original breed standard as possible. I have up until joining today contacted breeders in Germany, Austria and USA enquiring about their dogs and the prospective pups offered. Why? You may ask. This is because I did not know where to seek information regarding my purchase so, thanks to Google search engine.
I believe you get what you pay for but also do not believe in parting with monies without researching your prospective investment. I am also aware that there may be changes to the rules regarding the importing of animals including dogs and cats. But at the moment the UK Government website still says you can so lets see what transpires in the future.
I have enquired after Von der Scherau kennels in Germany, Vom Brandauerweg in Austria and Von Evman Rottweilers in the USA. All appear to be ethical breeders and I will be visiting them before making my decision to buy.
The type of dog I am looking for will be Healthy, Conform to the German breed standard, excellent temperament and have recognised bloodlines in case I decide to stud him.
I understand I may be seen to be over cautious especially if I will be looking to travel abroad to research my intended prospect but I want to have as much information as possible to help me in my purchase. Fore armed is fore warned.I love the intelligence of this breed. They are good with children and natural protectors.
I am sure by now some of you will be shaking your heads as to why I would look to purchase from abroad. Well the Rottweiler originated in Germany. I also note that some of the valued bloodlines have travelled outside Germany to include the USA, UK, Serbia, Austria and so on. Unfortunately, I do not have limitless funds at my disposal to travel everywhere. I have only been able to see a few of the truly famous dogs, some of whom I do not find pleasing to my eye.
That is why I joined this forum as suggested by a friend who breeds Olde English Bulldogs as a place to glean information.

Any advice, assistance in helping me with my future purchase will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

David
Hi there
If your looking to stay as strict to the breed standard as possible, then i would recommend ADRK line. They are the german governing body that are simply there to preserve the breed to its strict standards and working ability. All adrk dogs/breeders are, licsenced, temp tested, health tested, confirmation tested, hold a number of titles, bh, ztp, multi rated/holders. My dog is from adrk line dogs on both sides and has numerous dogs from von der scherau, von haus neubrand etc in pedigree with some v1 rated world champions in there. You can go to these kennels in Germany etc, or you can find some in the uk who have importeddogs from these lines. There arent many in the uk, maybe 3 or 4 genuine adrk line breeders but they arent that hard to find. Thebenefit of this to you would be that you can meet the breeder, kennels and dogs face to face and ask as many questions as you wanted, before making your decision. As im assuming you havent had the breed before, i think if you found the right breeder that would answer anything you had to throw at them, this would be invaluable to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there
If your looking to stay as strict to the breed standard as possible, then i would recommend ADRK line. They are the german governing body that are simply there to preserve the breed to its strict standards and working ability. All adrk dogs/breeders are, licsenced, temp tested, health tested, confirmation tested, hold a number of titles, bh, ztp, multi rated/holders. My dog is from adrk line dogs on both sides and has numerous dogs from von der scherau, von haus neubrand etc in pedigree with some v1 rated world champions in there. You can go to these kennels in Germany etc, or you can find some in the uk who have importeddogs from these lines. There arent many in the uk, maybe 3 or 4 genuine adrk line breeders but they arent that hard to find. Thebenefit of this to you would be that you can meet the breeder, kennels and dogs face to face and ask as many questions as you wanted, before making your decision. As im assuming you havent had the breed before, i think if you found the right breeder that would answer anything you had to throw at them, this would be invaluable to you
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have been online trying to find the best German breeders and I kept being directed to the USA?
I have contacted a couple of breeders in Germany and I will visit them to make sure I am happy with their dogs before I buy. I would rather travel and meet the breeders and it come to nothing than buy a poor quality dog from an unseen source. I thought I might look up your breeder and go from there…
I am in no rush as I believe a good breeder only breeds every few years so am happy to use the time to my advantage and wait for the impressive bloodline.
How is your dog? Any photos of him as a puppy growing up?
They are all cute bundles of fluff at 8 weeks. But I must rely on my head not heart 😇

Thanks again,

David

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dont take this as gospel though, you might find the best dog from a completely different. Hear what everyone else has to say and make your decision from there. There are some very knowledgable people here

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have been online trying to find the best German breeders and I kept being directed to the USA?
I have contacted a couple of breeders in Germany and I will visit them to make sure I am happy with their dogs before I buy. I would rather travel and meet the breeders and it come to nothing than buy a poor quality dog from an unseen source. I thought I might look up your breeder and go from there…
I am in no rush as I believe a good breeder only breeds every few years so am happy to use the time to my advantage and wait for the impressive bloodline.
How is your dog? Any photos of him as a puppy growing up?
They are all cute bundles of fluff at 8 weeks. But I must rely on my head not heart 😇

Thanks again,

David
No problem and good luck
Pics of my dog i have now are in the picture section. Theres pics on p1 of him at 8weeks up to his current age of 10months. This might work though. Let us know if it does(y)Meet Ralph

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem and good luck
Pics of my dog i have now are in the picture section. Theres pics on p1 of him at 8weeks up to his current age of 10months. This might work though. Let us know if it does(y)Meet Ralph
Ralph is gorgeous and I hope my prospect looks as good 😍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words mate and your in the right place for advice(y)
I was contacted by Olivier von Neubrand as I enquired about a puppy prospect from his kennels and hopefully from one of his top dogs. Thank you for pointing me in the ADRK direction.

Regards,

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts