Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello everyone! This is Shody and I just joined this site. I was talking to Kitty before I joined and she told me that I will learn so much from you guys. I do not have a rottweiler, I have a german shepherd named Zeus. Kitty said that all breeds are welcome and I would be pleased to get to know you all. So, just checkin in and syanara!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi Trish ! glad to see you made it !!! Hey everyone this is Trisha she is from my home town .... she has a beautiful german sheperd !

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna , Shody is having some health problems with her baby thought you might be able to give her some tips ....

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hi there, Welcome aboard ! You can just ignore me.... everyone else does

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice to meet everyone... Yes, I am from Colleen's town... She is famous here with her business!
My dog, Zeus has had a couple of medical problems that I have been dealing with...I am anxious to get your points of view as time goes on... right now he is going to have surgery next week for spinal stenosis of the neck. This is from an old injury of running into a tree. Prognosis is 100%... They just need to shave off the bony growths on the vertebrae surrounding the spinal cord. Too technical I know...Love to hear about everyones pets...

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I hope everything goes well with him and if we don't know the answer to any question we will find it anyway we can.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Trish, you can chat now since you posted twice ...the chat box is to your left of the screen ....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK.... Just figuring out the site.. Was trying to get an avatar pic next to my postings

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome Trish

How old is Zeus?

One of my guys also had Spinal Stenosis. Bravo Boy was over 7 1/2 yrs when he started to have many problems. He would fall down,loose control of his bowels(in his crate),had difficaulity getting up. My vet had him on meds ...they did not help. Because of his age and the degree of his Stenosis, therewas knuckling on 4 of his vertebrae's.I had no choice but to let himgo to the bridge.

I sincerely hope your guy will recover fully! Good luck!!

marianne

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome Trish
The members herehave an answer/solution/suggestion for everything..........and if they don't , they'll know right where to find it for you! A wonderful group of people!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marianne,

Nice to meet you. Zeus is 3 years old. I am sorry you had to put your Bravo Boy down. If Zeus was older and the prognosis was low.. I'd probably have to do the same... right now. fingers crossed. Thanks for the thoughts

Also, Harley"s Mama: Kitty is an old town friend of mine... she could not say enough how wonderful the people on this site are. I have beenon German Shepherd sites and have not had such a warmwelcome that I have received so far from everyone here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Shody said:
Also, Harley"s Mama: Kitty is an old town friend of mine... she could not say enough how wonderful the people on this site are. I have beenon German Shepherd sites and have not had such a warmwelcome that I have received so far from everyone here.

Been there as well. It seemed if you weren't showing, you weren't welcome. If your puppy wasn't enrolled in Obedience classes, you weren't raising them properly. If you weren't feeding food that had their approval, you were abusing your puppy.....etc....etc. The people here are so helpful, non-judgmental and very, very friendly. I'm sure you'll continue to feel welcomed!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Harley"s Mama,

Do you have Rotties?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, we have one. Harley is our first Rottie, so I came to this forum very inexperienced and received lots of help and info. He's the best dog we've ever owned.....cannot wait to have another when he's older. We'll approach our next puppy's selection being much more informed and I'm sure we'll have the help of our friends here in guiding us to a reputable breeder.

Do you have a photo of your Zeus?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is Zeus. Not one of his best pictures, however I was trying to download and this one accepted. He's my baby

I too look foward to getting another one. Like to get a female this time. Red & Balck and hopefully more on the submissive side....

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Trish , your pic isn't there ....alot of ususe www.Photobucket.com here to post pics..... is that Zeus as your avator ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Someone tell me if this one shows up.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
awwww there's that pretty boy !

·
Registered
55 Posts
What a handsome boy! German Shephards, like Rotties, exube confidence and pride. They pose like they're saying, "Stop and look at me, I'm handsome!" You must be proud

1 - 20 of 20 Posts