Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a quick update and thank everyone for helping me find a new pup (especially 2bad)
Her name is Juno and she is 2. Not the dog we were looking for but we have fallen in love anyway. I hope to have some pictures added of her this week. Right now she is sick (hence the other post at vet's corner). Crossing my fingers that we can get her better once we know what it is.

She has a few issues that we haven't quite figured out yet. Her other owners said she chews but we haven't seen that yet. She is like a shadow, always following you from room to room. Lays down for 2 seconds and then up following you to another room. She loves to be on the couch with any of us! Very demanding of attention. We have few things to work on eventually...leash training, no jumping, sit, down, etc. Long list. For now we are just letting her get used to us and trying to figure out the illness.

Her other owners crated her. We are not really used to that and so haven't enforced it, though we always leave the door open for her to go in. She has never gone in of free will. Does fine for us out at night and during the day too. (except the sick accidents). She loves to play fetch and is very VERY sweet!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
mdmbfly, Sounds like she is starving for affection poor baby .... the other people who had her must not have given her much by what you have said...... her being in a crate all the time . She must be in awww being with a family now . I hope she feels better for you soon . Keep us posted ....

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
" rotts a luck "

the best thing you could do is give a rottweiler a second chance ....

sorry to hear she is sick ...... when i rescued my boy i had to go through 2 different vets to get him well .....

i always say it was the best 35 dolla's i ever spent .....

then with the thousand dolla vet bill ..... 2 vets ..... it was still worth it

hope she comes around for you ..... when she settles in and gets better

she will train you ...... and throw that crate ( doggy jail ) away ...

on my web site ..... there is a great page about rehoming a rottweiler
you may find some great tips there ...... there like no other animal
( rottweiler links .... adopting a rescue rott )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to give a quick update and also say thanks for all the help you've given me. It's comforting to know that you are here when I have a question. I have a lot of neighbors/family who are still misinformed about the breed. It's frustrating.

Anyway, Juno seems to be feeling better. No vomitting or loose stool. I tried the rice and she hated it but ate it anyway. She seems to have come into a calm that last day or two. Seems much more relaxed and not quite so "in your face" every minute. She is much more content to keep laying down when I leave the room for a minute. She even is much more content on the leash, etc. It seems like she realizes that we are keeping her. As weird as that may sound.

she randomly growls sometimes for a brief second, particularly when I rub her chest. Never seems irritated but sometimes maybe defensive. She also is scared of blankets. Not sure what that is about but she gets freaked out if I shake a blanket out to fold it or lay it across me. trying to keep rubbing the chest to figure out what the association is. It seems very random, only when she is sitting up and its never the same. Doesn't seem to bea certain spot or after a certain period of time. She never moves or changes her demeanor just a little growl. She is very submissive with her belly so don't really know what it is about.

Crossing fingers that things continue getting better and that there is no hidden aggression. Found out they told another person who was interested in her that she growled at the kids and that is why they had to get rid of her!!! Completely payed that off to me. Said she only ever growled one time and that was when one of the kids took her toy. We have not experienced that, even with taking her toys.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
mdmbfly, glad to hear she is feeling better . I know my pups are very vocal especially Kitty we call her grumble butt
she talks all the time ! When she wants a snack or attention or up on the couchif your in her spot
( she isn't spoiled )Apollo is taking after her with the talking bit but he doesn't grumble like her, now our Rhea is a sweetie we call her Rhea Gump
she isn't as vocal as the other two at all, she's the most layed back Rottie I have ever had .In time I'm sure you'll find out all her little quirk's that your little girlhas .....

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Glad to hear that things are looking up. Once she figures out that she is HOME , a lot will change. As the others have said , the growling may be grumbling. A lot of Rottweilers do it when they love you

If you ever decide to change your mind and give her up, make sure you let us here know FIRST !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hoping to never have to give her up but won't let her go until I chat here. She purrs (guess its what others call grumbling). Our other rottie did the same thing when he was liking whatwas going on,but this is surely a growl when she does it. Wondering if she just has a sore spot or if it has to do with something that happened in her other home that I will never know about.

She is having a little trouble with the potty training thing. Some days good, other days (like today) not so good. Wondering if I should make the change to feeding her once a day, slowly. that's how she was fed at other home. She has put on a few lbs. and looks great. right now she is comfortable on the couch surrounded by pillows. Her own little palace. I really think she has gotten comfortable here

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
mdmbfly , have you tried bells on your door ? I used to have bells hanging from my door ( I have a doggie door now ) and when Kitty wanted to go out she rang the bells ! I started out when she was a pup , I would ring the bells then take her out to pee , before you knew it she rang them all by herself .....and it saves your door from being scratched up ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never thought about that. good idea. She cries when she wants to go out, problem is, sometimes when she cries we are not home or are asleep. Today was a bad day...two poop messes and a few vomiting messes. Chunky vomit. think I might have to start putting her in the crate when I'm not home. Don't like that idea but can't keep cutting out carpet and throwing away everything she goes on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts