Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum hoping for some advice from experienced owners.

Have a 16 week male who's had a bit of a rough start with frequent diarrhea and intermittant nasal snorting mostly when looking upwards. Have him on royal canine rottweiler puppy kibble. Nothing obvious at the vets had a few course of worming meds and pro-biotic meds in his food which seems to help so thinking he may have a poultry intolerance. Anyone else had similar issues ?

Developed a slightly wavy coat along his back and not sure if his head is a little small for the breed but hoping when this cracks when he's older it will be more proportional to his body, or maybe just over thinking that...

Any advise welcomed, thanks.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Comfort Grey
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Comfort
Dog Carnivore Whiskers Ear Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Working animal

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grey Companion dog

· Administrator
2,049 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Awwww...he's a cutie looking pup. The wavy coat is coming in because he has lost his puppy coat and this is more of his adult coat. Wavy coat is pretty normal. Not a good thing for a show dog...but nothing wrong with a pet/companion. As far as his head being small. You will see as they grow...puppies seem to be out of proportions. Their legs get longer, then their body catches up....their head looks small and one day their head fills in.

What his conformation will be depends on his genetics. Did you get to see their sire or the damn of your pup? Do you know his pedigree??

One thing I would recommend is start clipping or dremmeling his nails. Rottweilers are notorious for hating their feet touched and their nails clipped. You have to start when they are young. In the pictures his nails look long and sharp. Every week or so, just take the tips off...so it becomes a ritual. I do nails, brush teeth and check ears every week to 10 days on my dogs. They jump on the sofa and wait their turn....with little bits of cheese between feet. :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the advice. Been playing with his feet every day ready for nails and asked the vet to clip them when he had his second vaccine but he said if their not touching the floor don't cut them but I thought they were long and needed doing.

Reserved a pup from what I researched to be the best rotti breeder who turned out to be a crook and puppy farm so last minute cancelled the pup and found this litter which was quite a way from us so picked him from a video (not ideal I know) but was reccomended by other reputal dog trainers and the breeder was great and very helpful throughout.

Apparently this is his parents, waiting on KC papers as I'm told there is a long back log.

Dog Vertebrate Working animal Carnivore Grass

He's got a lot of stretchy skin on his back and i read the coat may straighten out as he grows but we love him regardless and not planning to show him. Surprised at how intelligent he is training really quick but a complete clumsy bafoon at the same time he's hilarious.

Thanks again, really appreciate the advice.

· Administrator
2,049 Posts
Looks like your pup came from a decent breeder! :) I would not worry about him having a wavy coat ...and his head will grow.
The nails are long, start taking small amounts off of them. Try to keep them as short as possible or the quick grows long...and then even if you take a tiny bit off they will bleed if the quick is long. Long nails make their feet look, and feel bad.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like your pup came from a decent breeder! :) I would not worry about him having a wavy coat ...and his head will grow.
The nails are long, start taking small amounts off of them. Try to keep them as short as possible or the quick grows long...and then even if you take a tiny bit off they will bleed if the quick is long. Long nails make their feet look, and feel bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts