Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i'm a new member and relativly new to the breed.i had a bull mastiff in my teens.now my 12y/o son wanted and received a puppy.it happens to be a rott-pit mix.she's a talker,potty [email protected] 7weeks old,intelligent and beautiful.the big problem is my 3 cats ,a finnish spitz about 15 y/o and may-who the rat.my other dog( the finnish spitz). has taken to her like her mama.she is a herding dog and doesnt like to fight .but i'm worried about the cats .i also don't know how to train her please help! ty

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hi ! Welcome aboard. This is a very slow weekend here being that it is a holiday weekend. Give it a couple of days and someone will probably post some useful advice. Again, welcome aboard... nice to have you with us

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The cats can run and jump away from the dog if they are being bothered.

Once they all get use to each other everything should be okay.I have had cats and Rottweilers and small (very small) dogs and Rottweilers and they all got along .It will just take some time.

If the puppy is always running after the cats try to redirct the puppy give the something that will keep them busy(a bone with peanut butter in it is something that would direct them away from the cat.

Or call them over to you and have them sit.If the puppy does not come when called yet have a leash on them so you can get them.Try redirecting them onto something else

·
Registered
91 Posts
The cats should be able to handle the situation well, after all they can always get away if need be. Just make sure to keep an eye on the situation so nobody get seriously hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts