Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 year old Male Rottweiler that had a turbulent birth. After being the only pup to survive he had an underdeveloped throat flap which caused him to have nasal infections early in his life. He went thru surgery to repair the condition and he hasnt been plagued with the issue for some time now and at the moment i have a bitch in heat and really want to pair the two but i am reluctant to do it because of his condition at birth. Wondering if this is something that can/will show up in a litter of pups or is it just a freak condition that occurred during his rough birthing process?

·
Super Moderator
1,577 Posts
It's really hard to say?? What else does he bring to the breeding? Has he got all of his health clearances, including hips, elbows, eyes and heart? What about the bitch? Any conformation titles? Working or obedience titles? If you are breeding without any of these conditions met...then you will be producing BYB pups. Too many of them around, and not enough good homes to go to.

What about the dam? Did she ever produce anymore pups? The sire of your pup? If you could find out the health history, and know the pedigree...it could help to see if he is likely to produce pups with genetic problems.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Save yourself and others a Bunch of Heartbreak Avebro and have them Both checked out PLEASE,,,, Before breeding I had THE Best Rott I have ever owned who had the Meggasophagus condition, He lived 11 years and was the Best Rott bar None I have ever owned, I say he lived on Love because he DID, never knew about the condition until I arrived HERE at ROL, I assumed he had a tricky stomach, he was Never in for the surgery and the Vet never mentioned it, he may have lived another 4-5 years but so many factor for extreme old age in large breeds. Have said it before, If Brutus had lived till the end of my life I never would have wanted for another Dog Ever.

I never did breed Brutus as I didn't want to be responsible for bringing sick from the start Rott pups into the world, OR even take the chance.

Best Regards to You and this whole site, You ALL are the Best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts