Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody my name is Liz and my boy's name is
Brutus. He is my first rottweiler and a rescue at that . I have a friend that had rescued one and I just fell in love with him . I will try to post a picture when i figure this all out .
</font>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new boy .If you need help with pictures let us know some one will help you out

Donna

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thanks for taking a rescue ! There are a number of us here with rescues. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Oh... send your friend over too

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi Liz, and welcome to the site ! hope to see some pics of your Brutus soon !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome . I will sure post a picture after i get some on line .
I have only had my boy now for a month , and we are getting used to each other . Seems we both have our own ideas and rules for the other to follow . lol I do have some help with him so hopefully all goes well .
I am going to try taking him to work with me tonight
. Again thanks and I hope to pic some brains and learn about this breed .

Liz and Brutus

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hi Liz, glad to have you here and hope to see your boy soon. Every one here is glad to help and so nice, I to am a new rottie mom and this site has been a good place for me and all my crazy questions. You will be very welcomed here and feel very comfortable with all these good people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha HaWarren you know how it went , Joe said he told you .

Well taking him to work didn't fair all that well . Brutus has some issues , He was very nervous . I have only had him for a month now and he is scared of most everything still . It seems he likes being with me but ONLY me . Does anyone have any advise on how to gethim to calm down and be more social with my friends and family ?

I do feel likethis could all be worked out , He is such a love ( to me ) .

Liz and Brutus

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
maybe he was never taken anywhere when he lived at his last home.

That him everywhere you can.If he is a little shy then wlk him places where there are alot of people but don't have people pet him.Say he is in training.

He might just need to be decentsatized to things.He could be doing so much more then he has ever done and he gets over loaded.

Like all training it takes baby steps to get to where you want to be.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Liz , where do you work that you can take your baby with you ? I own a Salon where I live and every once in awhile I take one of my kids with me for a few hours . They just love it and it helps them to socialize with people with out having to be so protective . They just eat up all the attention ..like they don't get it here at home
and it's great pr for the breed also showing that are just big babiesand sweet hearts !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts