Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum. I have a 2 yr old male Rottweiler named Zeus. He is 26'' at the sholder, has a 23" neck and weighs 115 right now. He is a little lean because I am having problems finding the right diet for him. He has a sensitive tummy and does not do well on most foods. I cannot give him treats at all. He is a working dog. He provides therapy to for my son who is special needs. He helps my son in many ways. Just wanted to say hello.

·
Registered
599 Posts
gezzzzzz nother gurl. Welcome to the house that Jess built. Good to have you and your rott. If your not on a team, PM me and I'll fill in the details.... R2C out....

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Welcome Jen! Hope to see you come back again, its nice having new faces-that goes for you too Janine
People here are always willing to talk and share advice.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
656 Posts

Jen-you might want to leave a pm for Rutylr (Donna) she knows alot about dogs and could probably give you some advice on what to feed your dog. She really knows her stuff, and we all go to her if we have a problem we would like advice on...</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do a half raw diet on him, he does well with this but I cannot seem to get those extra few pounds that he needs on him. The other half of his diet is Pedigree Large breed because this does not give him diarrhea or upset belly. I cannot give him anything cooked or any non-meat or fruit/veggie items. But trust me he would eat them if given the chance.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Pedigree is not a really good food it is corn base.Can you get Canidea?It cost more but it is a much better food.

Donna

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Canidea is not a brand I have seen in the stores. Maybe I will look into some of the local kennels and breeders to see if they have heard of it.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you can buy it in the same store you get your food,or Wal-mart it's not good food,just cheep.

Here is the site for canidea you should be able to find some one near you.Or try to find Solid Gold another great food.

http://www.canidae.com/

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

Donna is right, you want a food that has meat and rice high on its list of ingredients and stay away from the foods that have fillers like corn. </BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi Blitz and Zeus , welcome I also have a Zeus he's 8 yrs old...hey another girl on our team !!! yeaaa ,.........Rotty your just out numbered ....can you take on the challenge huh huh can you

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can also try Natural Balance. They have several formulas for: Sensitive stomachs, allergies, organic, and BARF.

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/

For an addedbonus, you could try Evanger's or Wysong 100% canned meats with organ meat included.

http://evangersdogfood.com/dog/gamemeats.html

http://www.wysong.net/

It's best to stay completely away from all grains (gluten), soy, dairy products, preservatives, chemicals, artificial coloring, flavoring, etc. You might also want to try adding digestive enzymes, autoimmune boosters, beneficial supplements, etc. tohis meals.

I give my best to Zeus.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Blita ans Zeus , I just ordered Canidea on line , it was about the same price as what I was using (Eukanuba) . I also called the company and they are going to have a rep. sent out to the feed store that I buy from hopfully they will start caring it for me . All the stores that carried it around here were 30 miles or so away from me so I hope I can soon get it here at the feed store or else I will be buying in bigger bulk on line ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to all the newbies! ok I know it looks like I'm a newbie too but the girls will vouch for me I ain't and Rotty back off you know us girls stick together!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.