Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I just joined the forum,I have had Rotties for 35 years as many as 5 at a time, I just lost my last one aged 11 years and 4 months a few weeks ago, So this is the first time in 35 years I have not had one by my side,I am looking to wait till spring when my new house and kennel are finished to get a puppy ,I like all the helpful info on here to help with the puppy selection and care ,With all that being said its going to be a long winter without a Rottie

·
Administrator
1,995 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your most recent Rottie. They are a very special breed....and it's hard to live without one.
I suggest that if you hope to acquire a puppy by spring that you start contacting good, code of ethics breeders now. Often breeders plan 6- 12 months ahead for breedings. This is the time that you should be doing your homework and looking for a good breeder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome ,That's what i am doing ,a lot of research on breeders nutrition etc, there is alot of info to sift through ,i still refer to The Complete Rottweiler book from time to time it is a older publication but some of the info and methods still apply to the breed today,This forum looks to be very straight forward and INFORMATIVE ,with that being said after 35 years i am still learning :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts