Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stephanie has her web site up now.

http://www.rebelhausrottweilers.com/

To get to Elwood you have to click on A-Litter,Then Rebelhaus Agnettah,then at the bottom of her page click on Daphney and on Daphneys page click on Elwood.Have you speakers turned up for his page.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna , tell Stephanie that I checked out her web site and it is awesome ! I will say this again her Xmas pic is one of the nicest I have seen taken with a dog of any kind !! OK now where is yours ?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Tell her the site turned out very nice ! I like " bradley " , handsome boy there. And " Bentley " page wouldn't load. And that song... It scared the hell out of me

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't need a web site.Stephanie added my dogs to her and will be adding lots more dot pictures.

Most of the people who have sites are doing it to brag and sell puppies I don't need to do either.I show my dogs for me not to impress anyone nor do I need them to make me feel like I'm someone.I only place puppies close to me and not very many show puppies just pets.I now have three people I plan on giving a puppy to in my next litter.Not because they can't afford to buy one,but because they are a great home.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Oh I didn't mean a web site I meant a Xmas picture .....with your Elwood !

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry.

I'm a real humbug about Christmas.I don't even put up a tree or buy presents.I give gift cards or money.I don't even ask for anything at christmas.I figure if I want to buy something for someone I can do it any time,not just once a year.

Donna

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
rutylr said:
Sorry.

I'm a real humbug about Christmas.I don't even put up a tree Donna

well I just started a thread just for you ! Check Christmas lights !

I'll get you in the mood

·
Registered
144 Posts
rutylr said:
I don't need a web site.Stephanie added my dogs to her and will be adding lots more dot pictures.

Donna

Interesting philosophy! We'd have never known about your talented dot pictures,
had you not shared them with us.How did you do that? Someone was kind enough to place them on their website for you. What a shame and a waste, if you hadn't!

Andabout your friend's site.Again, we'd have never known about her wonderful pictures too look at, including your pictures, if she didn't have one too share with us! Which is very nice, BTW!!!

<DIV>

Maybe.... just maybe..... people like to share their hobbies with other people (mostly breed-related friends & family)that also have the same interests, like your doing with us.

It'd be boring, after-all, if we didn't have all those gorgeous Rotties too look at and drool over! Nothing better then a dazzling picture of a stunning beauty!!! I'm constantly skimming through sites looking at those pictures and headlines... when I'm having magazine withdrawals!
BTW, I do have a passion for horses, other animals, etc., which I also admire, when wasting time on the net. Never before has it been so vast, with so many hobbies and interests... such little time in the day to enjoy!

Maybe... just maybe... people have other reasons too have sites. For instance, education to the general public about dogs, pets, rescue, training, behavior, BSL, and our breed... this draws in a personal touch to people that wouldn't normally want too learn! I'd much rather visit a personal site (upbeat, warm,and interesting), then a business site (boring, cold,and bland), if they offer the same information to research.

Besides, if people don't brag on sites.... there either doing it in discussion forums, e-mail,chat rooms, or blogs! What's not too be proud of your very own Rott, that is, if he's a good examplefor the breed!!!All thisnegative P.R., horrible temperaments, loss of another due to cancer, andpoor healthproblems gets everyone down.Something as fun as a great brag win, really boosts the breed's moral for everyone involved! We all need to hearmore positive feedback so people can understand why we appreciate this breed so much, especially with all these BSL problems!!! There's nothing that compares tooa OTCHtitled Rottweiler!

I just found out that afriend of mine took BISS at the RCC National Spec this year.... Heck, I'd be steamed too not know he took such a fine win!!! He deserves everyminute of that win.... and more!There are countless of other people I can think of... For instance, my very good friend just finished her female... only needing 1 point for awhile now, much deserved title that should have came many many moons ago.... If I hadn't known she finished... I'd be extremely upset not too hear such wonderful grand news!!!

This is what it's really all about..... friends coming together sharing and celebrating great news!

I almost forgot another important issue...... Those forever brag wins, titles, health clearances, pedigrees, etc. on all those sites.... That never goes away! Well, they make great research toolsfor people thatadd information todatabaseslike PawVillage! Researchers would be at a loss without that online data.... if we didn't have it, we couldn't add it!
</DIV>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would be nice if most people with web sites were doing it for the breed and not to line their pockets.If it was not for them having so many litters and selling so many puppies they would be no one.Who needs to have 5 litters or more in a year?Why the need for most to breed their dogs right away with no titles?Titles mean nothing if they are just doing it to promote them selves.They are way past just having fun with their dogs.They are in it soley to make a name.It will be a sad day when the only reason I have a dog is to try and get some kind of award out of them and not just to have fun with the dog.

Sure we all like to brag when our dog does something great,but I sure don't need it to make me who I am.My dogs don't live for me,I live for my dogs.That is the big difference.

Donna

·
Registered
144 Posts
<DIV>

I don't think that everyone is like that Donna. I don't know who you've come across in your lifetime of showing and breeding dogs, but I've met some very good people that don't breed as much as you stated or have the samemotive you described. I sure hope you've met some good people in showing/breeding dogs... What about your friend that has the site? I'm sure she's not your only friend in the sport..... Some of my closest and most trusting friends, I've met through my dogs and through my web site! I have nothing personal against you, I don't even know you.... and I'm sure I'd very much enjoy meeting you someday at one of the shows, as I do with many people I've met over the years!

The people thatI know still enjoy showing and they only breed to keep something for themselves. I wouldn't surround myself with those types you've described! Anyways, whywould anyone in their right mindspend alarge amount of their hard earnedmoney on a hobby like showing? For the most part, we do,because it is for thelove of the breed andanenjoyablehobby!It is also suppose to be a place to represent the very best of our breed! I know many people that are in thenegative financially..... literally, because of showing and breeding dogs correctly! I think we are totally crazy for doing it..... but it's hard to stop once you start... it's a passion for us!And for the most part, the majority of these people have normal everyday blue collar jobs and don't make six figures!Many of them do not make any money selling puppies out of their litters.... including off of web sites... I should know,I've seen theirlifestyle to know this too be true!

I know that I don't need to explain too you why we do go to shows since you also attend them.For the most part,welike going to splurge a little on ourselves, our families,and our dogs... to spend time with friends, too travel, too educate the public, etc., even if it means spendingour entire pay check!It isn'tonly about the titles.Besides, where else can one go to meet many people that have the sameinterests? Every where else we go,the publicis scared of our breed, at least at a dog show people aren't!Am I saying nobody is like what you mentioned? No, there is some, but the majority of people care just as much as you and I do.... if they didn't, they wouldn't show at all!

I've been in this breed since '94, not as long as you,but I have yet too breed a litter of my own Rottweilerpuppies! I've had some ups and downs, like we all do. Anyways, some peoplehave questioned why I'm still in the breed.... I care deeply about it, that's why! And anyone that does, stays in it for the long haul, even if they aren't currently showing or breeding!

My dogs are my pets first and foremost... anyone that knows me, knows this too be true!However,I do show, handle, and train my own dogs in my spare time... just like you do!I think that it's cool that you show your own dogs...... I know many who do! The #1 dog in the breed is owner/breeder/handled and they work together great as a team! Is this dog being shown just for a breeding machine and to make money..... NO! The guy likes to show his dog, nothing more!!!And there's nothing wrong with that..... I actually enjoy seeing owner/breeder/handlers!

However, to get back on track of the original discussion, Ihave one of the longest running web sites in the breed... Next to Jan Cooper's, I don't know of that many others thatare still up and running. When I first looked on the net there was only about five!

When I first created my site, it did have many articles thatI wrote, including the AKC breed standard... before they had their own site up. I had a link directly too... you guessed it, Jan's! I had information about UKC before they became bigger... not many people knew they existed! UKC, who, they'd ask?I also had pictures up of all the dog's in my boy's pedigree because I admire those breeders and their dogs! If it wasn't for them, he wouldn't have existed! This wasn't the only thing on my site... there was more.

The reason I started it, too meet new people, to educate, to help the public about our breed, to share a common interest! Was I a breeder or selling puppiesat the time? NO!Do I stillhave a site for these reasons?Presently, Yes!I've done this from the very beginning... and I've met some very interesting and fun people over the years.You see when I asked questions long ago from people about showing, etc., they literally where yelling at me over the phone... so when I learned all that I could about the breed, I wanted to actually help people like I wanted help from them! The same reason you and I come to these forums... to help! Do I still know these people I met on the phone? NO! For the most part, they where notcode-of-ethic breeders, just contacts I found through other means.

Anyways, since that long time ago, many great informative and helpfulsites have emerged over the net,so that people can visit and learn from.Nowadays, it is just better to list a few links on a site toother reliablesites... since Goggle is such a very popularsearch tooland easy too use.

Donna, I do respect your thoughts...However, when you say what you did above, it makes me wonder how many people's inner thoughts you really do know. How could you? How could anyone? I haven't a clue what they are..... unless they come out and actually tellme what is actually on their minds!

Honestly, I've taken notice how helpful you are in this forum, among others. I see that people genuinely appreciate it! Wonderful!
We need more of this.... please whatever you do, don't stop!!!However, I don't appreciate many a lifetime breeders, including myself, to beaddedinto your words ofwhat you spoke about above. I'm not one of those people... and becauseI do create web sites for other people,to be perfectly honest, most people are very hesitant about having one done -strictly because of what you said.

These people don't want to appear too be a puppymill, etc., when they are not! It is hard to explain your entire life history, reputation,and personalityon a web site. There are bad breeders onthe web, but there are just as many respectable breeders online, as well. Just like there are horrible businesses and hoaxes, the buyers just need to be careful online, as they do when they shop off line. This is why when I created a site for people.... I started a long time ago before others did,to add health numbers, etc. into the pedigrees.... to try too explain more about that breeder as best as possible.

Just to give you an idea of someone I know.... I literally had to beg a good friend of mine for several years to allow me to make a site for her. I wanted it.... she didn't! She never needed the site..... and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm proud of her many years of long and hardeffort in dogs!Furthermore, she never brags too me about any wins- I have to drag this stuff out of her because I want too know! I know many peoplelike this.... they do keep to themselves, andnot everyone has sitesto makemoney, too only sell puppies, too brag, etc., like you mentioned.

To answer your question about the litters... It's really noones business how many litters someone has a year, especially if they are a code-of-ethic breeder that do have health clearances, belong to a breed club, do everything correct,and do title their dogs in differentavenuesbefore actuallybreeding them. It is strictly their business... and the people that choose to purchase puppies from them, that is, if they bother too ask! I'm just as concerned for back yard breeding, etc., just like the rest of us, but I have no right to judge those that do everything correctly! Besides, in all honesty, there are not that many so-called back-yard breeders that show their own dogs! Why would they? They'd loose money, wouldn't they? If it's all about money, why would they show and breed dogs correctly?

I personally only like to see someone breed once a year for a very nice quality breeding, or even less, but that's my ideas... It doesn't mean everyone else has to follow suit.... Heck, my own record: 0 litters and going on 12 years of being in the breed!

Furthermore, I actually have no right to judge people's actions at all, and nobody does! What if these breedersdo have very nice quality dogs and do have a list of people waiting just like you do before they breed? What if they breed exactly like you do... with the same intentions? I'm sure that some do, and some don't. But too say what you did above.... it leads me too believe that you feel you're the only one that does things correctly. This understanding of mine might not be the least bit true, but I'm just trying to understandwhy you wrote it in the first place.Like I said, I know many people that also do things correctly in our breed!

I'm sorry if you feel threatened byanyof this, it's not meant too sound disrespectful, if it does seem that way. It just seems that people on public forums, chat rooms, etc., don't always watch what they say before they post their own words.... and sometimes you have to understand that it can cross over intoa differentarena, especially whensomeone questions otherpeople's lives...when they work so hard at showing and breeding dogs. Their dogs and reputation are just as important too them, as yoursis to you! But I'm sure you know this already....

It's one thing toeducatepeople, and it's another ball park when words are used that actually mayhurt people.... I should know, I've learned that the hard way myself!I've obviouslysaid enough about all this...... we could debate all day long on it, because we obviously see people's motivesdifferently!</DIV>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone has their own thoughts on what people do.Thats what makes this country great,We can express our own opinions.

I never take anything to be offensive.It's everyone right to have an opinion.

I have mine and I find that most breeders who have web sites are selling a producet to make them someone.They are not out to just educate,but get people to want their product.

Donna

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.