Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all new here to this forum. also new owner of a rotty. well first one ive ever had. His name is Ozzy and he just turned 7 months old a few days ago. it is a challenge to say the least. he is smart and knows it. the biggest problem we are having is getting him potty trained im about to pull my hair out. sometimes he is very good and then boom, he goes on the carpet. i just dont know what to do. i love him alot, buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

dave

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Glad to see you made it over here Dave.

Is Ozzy neutered? what is he doing just peeing on things or worse?

Donna

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes he was just neutered about two weeks ago. he just takes a pee on the carpet. he has never lifted his leg, he does the the squat pee well actually just stands there and pees. sometime will take him out when he goes to the door take him out and he does nothing, bring him back in and boom takes a pee out on the carpet. and thanks for sending me the info on this site.

dave

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi walkerd, Welcome !

They are smart ! but bells on your door and ring them everytime you take him out , before you know it he will be ringing the bells ! ( and it saves your door from being scratched ) Make sure you are taking him out to the same spot everytime also . Do you crate ? That helps alot with potty training ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi kitty. someone else said something about bells on the door i thought they where joking guess not. no i havent crated him, when do u do that, we keep in the laundry room when we are at work. any help will be apprciated

dave

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
When you take him out make sure he goes potty before you bring him in (even if it means standing out side with him longer then you want) don't let him play until after he has gone potty.Once he goes potty make a big deal out of it,good boy good potty and play a bit.He will learn what the word means and that it makes you happy and once he goes then he get to play.

Donna

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome Walkerd
My Harley is almost 7 months old also.....we took Kitty's advise about the bell and he picked it up so quickly! And also.....what Donna said......Harley used to do the same thing when he was younger, go out and did nothing, but relieved himself as soon as he came inside. We spent many, many long moments outside in the rain, wind and snow waiting him out and he always finally went. He's been completely trained now since he was about 4 months. Good luck and welcome! Would love to see a photo of Ozzy (love that name, I'm a big Ozzy Osbourne fan
)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
barcurdan NEVER .... just throw that crate away ..... [img said:
smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

Not every dog is as Perfect as that Sampson guy you were lucky enough to find.

They do not need the crate forever,just to get them thru some ruff stuff.

Daphey is never in a crate any more(except for now)she is in season and has to be kept away from her son who is really intresed in her now.So he is the the crate for a while then she goes in the crate.That way they both get me time.

Donna

·
Registered
218 Posts
I read the earlier article and agree with the bells on the door. Zeus uses them to to let me know has has to do his business. It sure saves on scratching on the glass door and making a mess. I even have bells on my parents door. When we visit Zeus knows to ring them. I have to laugh if we go somehere and there are not bells on the door, he looks like what is wrong with this house.

It wasn't hard getting him started on using the bells. Just a couple of times of telling him lets go do buisness, you ring the bell and proceed outside. They get it. Too smart

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Don't listen to Dan his Sampson is a free spirit
he's even a bouncer at a bar ..

Harley's Moma ..I love Ozzy and too !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats who he was named after, pretty cool that my ozzy doesnt have a bark impetitament. im not sure that is spelled right. laughing really hard. I will try the bell thing on the door. you outta hear him sing, mr. tinkertrain. lol I like the name harley to, one of my favorite things to ride.

thanks all and this looks like a fantastic site.

dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
LOL....I'm glad your boy doesn't take after Ozzy with the whole speech thing too! It seems Harley is more vocal than any other breed we've had. Harley has his own little song he sings when you point your finger at him, he doesn't like that...lol. Good luck with the housebreaking! Don't forget that photo...would love to see him

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats funny ozzy doesnt like to havea finger pointed at him either and he will tell you about it, i try not to laugh when he does it because i know he shouldnt growl but its funny because he isnt being mean he is discover his vocal cords. but it is still to funny some of the things he does.

dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts