Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.............just wanted to introduce myself since I am new here. My name is Janine andmy husband and I have a 1.5 year-old female rottie.We have had Samantha since she was 7 months old. She is a total doll - loves everyone and everything and is doing very well in her intermediate obedience classes. She starts CGC and Rally classes next month. I guess that is about it by way of introduction. I have been lurking on this site and joined because of all the great posts and information. It looks like a fun place to be and a great place to learn more about my favorite breed!

Also - if anyone knows of any rott clubs in the Pittsburgh area - please let me know. I would love to set up some play dates for Sam!

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Welcome Janine, you did find a great forum here and we need all the girls we can get
( it's the boys against the girls here )
so tell us more about your baby did you rescue her ? I see you got her at 7 months . I have rescued 3 but I have 4 ! 2boys 2 girls......have you owned a Rott before ? ...If you have been reading the posts here you know we LOVE pictures hope you can post some soon of your girl ...... again welcome !!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I noted in another thread that you live fairly close - we live in Canonsburg, PA! I need all of the rottie friends I can get - all of my friends own small dogs and Sam has no one to play with! LOL

Yes, I did rescue her. I found her on Petfinder and went to look at her and fell in love immediately. She was way underweight (about 70 lbs) and had three different kinds of worms.We got rid of the worms, put some weight on her (she is now a healthy 85 lbs), had herspayed andinserted a microchip.She has never been a fearful girl at all but I must say she is more on the submissive side. She has a wonderful personality and we are truly blessed to have her in our lives. I have had rotties before - two males prior to Samantha. I found my first boy as a stray. I advertised and prayed that no one would claim him! LOL.He had a severe case of hip dysplasia (both hips)but lived to be an old man of 13 before his liver gave out.....
My second boy was a rescue that I had only had for a month before my husband had to transfer from AZ to MA so we reluctantly gave him back to the rescue as we would be living in a hotel until we found a home. He was a love, too and they found a terrific home for him.

So I guess that is about it. I will definitely post on the picture thread when I get back from running errands today!

Oh, yes, you can add one more "girl" to your team!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
hmmmmmm nother gurl huh.... Well, welcome anyways. Make yourself at home. Say, will you grab me a diet pepsi while your in the kitchen....It's right by the tater salad on the left...........thank ya

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rotty2TheCore said:
hmmmmmm nother gurl huh.... Well, welcome anyways. Make yourself at home. Say, will you grab me a diet pepsi while your in the kitchen....It's right by the tater salad on the left...........thank ya

Thanks for the welcome............I know you are kidding about the diet pepsi!

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Hey Janine-If ya join the girls side you'll find we're all self reliant, dont have to wait on anyone...just have fun
Anyway welcome to the forum, there are alot of great people here!
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
welcome to the form,and if you ignore him long enough he will get his own diet soda.

Here are some Rottweiler clubs I found for you in PA.I don't know how close they are to you,but it's a start.

PENNSYLVANIA
<DL>
<DT>Keystone State Rottweiler Club
<DD>Sherry Radzinski, Rd 4, Box 248, Dallas, PA 18612 (570) 675-1518

Western Pennsylvania Rottweiler Club
<DD>Peggy Laskovich, 3230 Cedar Ridge Rd., Allison Park, PA 15101 </DD></DL>

<DL>
<DD>Donna</DD></DL>

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scarlet and Donna - thanks for the advice! I will definitely keep it in mind.......

Thanks for the Rott club info, Donna. I am pretty new to the area so I will have to find out where Dallas and Allison Park are located. I would love to find some "play dates" for Sam.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
As soon as your done getting me a Dr Pepper and it better not be diet.

Good luck with Rally it is really fun.Did your dog come with papers or are you getting an ILP number from AKC?

Donna

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She is actually a rescue so I will need her ILP number. We are starting classes in September but first I want to have her Xrays done to make sure we have no hip or knee problems. Hopefully all will be clear and we can move forward. We have just taught her torun alongside the bikes when we ride and she seems to love it! Of course we first had to conquer/correct her instinct to lunge and chase cars and bikes and all motorized things............boy that was fun! LOL

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
And then if you like rally and move up to Obed you can also do Obed in UKC also.There is so much that we can do with our dogs.A busy dog is a happy dog.

My Daphney has her 2 Obed titles (AKC,UKC) and now she is going on to agility and Rally,plus she does Obed withAmanda(a friends daughter)the are in 4-H together.When Amanda gets bigger she will be using Daphney in the JR showmanship ring.Those two will make a great team.

Donna

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That sounds great. The class is actually CGC and Rally so hopefully she can get her CGC soon.

I couldn't agree more - a busy dog is a happy dog. And.........a tired puppy is a good puppy!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.