Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dallas and Blu play great together, however, Dallas nips at Blu's heels. She has done this to the point they are raw. They are not fighting, she just does this to get him to play with her. Is there anything I can put on his heels to put a bad taste in her mouth?

Shell

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Try that bitter apple the pet stores sell, that may help. Also putting Dallas on a leash, and correcting her a few times when she goes to nip may help so she gets the idea she isn't supposed to do that.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Scarlet I was going to say the same thing .... bitter apple hopefully will help ....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband and I went to Petco to get the apple Bitter. We desided to see justhow bad this stuff was. My husband tryed the Apple Bitter and said it did not tase bad at all. I had a bottle of Fooey, he ask me to try it, do to he tryed the other. I was asking for the keys so I could run out to the car and get my drink. It was the worst thing I have even thought of putting in my mouth. I gaged on this stuff for hours. I thought for sure Dallas would take one lick and never bite at Blu's heels again.
She likes the stuff. Did not even affect her. So we are back to square one again.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Maybe something like lemon or lime juice might work, I don't think it would hurt 'em. </BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
I haven't found anything that will help here either cause Diamond does that to Bud too, but when he gets tired of it he lets her know in no uncertain terms that it's time to quit!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am trying to picture Dallas looking at Blu as cattle.
I asked my vet today, he said to call him in a.m and he would look up how hwe broke this before.(not in Dallas) He gave Blu a new med, do to he still has runny stool, said it tasted really really bad and dogs do not like to take, I can bet most of you know what I'm thinking.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Well, either you can put some of Blu's medicine on the back of his legs to gross Dallas out (only joking!)or there's still the leg warmers!
Now I have pictures of cows in leg warmers running through my head,LOL
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
For a runny stool you can use can pumpkin(not pumpkin pie) give2 tablespoons at meal time.Stephanie says this works.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Cows and leg warmers....geesh guys come on that is too funny!
Diamond does it too Bud but she doesn't hurt him and if she does accidentally then he lets her know it and she gets all sorry on him

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I have a picture that I will look for of 4 of my dogs all in a row bitting each other.It's a rottweiler train and looks funny.

As soon as I find it I will post it.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Cool can't wait to see it Donna!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Now that would be funny !

·
Registered
656 Posts

I can't wait to see your pictures! That's interesting about the pumpkin, I didn't know that. I would never have thought of that! I wonder how people discover some of this stuff?</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna ....you said pumkin what kind ? in the can ? spice ? I'm having a blonde moment

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We got your backgirl don't worry.

I was looking at Dallas today and seem where Blu has been nipping at her. I was shoked as to where I found it. Her nubby tail. All I could do was look at them both and shake my head.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Plain canned pumkin,not pumpkin pie.

Stephanie is into the all natural thing with with the dogs so she has alot of cures for alling dogs.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Thanks Donna ...I believe in trying natural first is at all possible ..... my girl friend has a dog that at times has a problem with that issue I will be sure to pass it along .....again thanks
it won't hurt to try !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.