Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started Dally with setting the treat on the table be me 1st and each time she went for it I told her no. then I would hold it close to her face and would not let her have it till I gave the comand. then I worked on her nose I would hold it there till I wanted her to have it. thengave the comand. Now She does the trick pretty good. Let me know how it goes, I have a book with all kinds of tricks in it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

hmmmmmmmm, R2C being nice?
well, I have kept trying and no luck as soon as he sees that treat coming he's all over it, and everytime I try to put it on his nose, his mouth is right there and it never makes it on his nose. Don't think this is one trick I'm gonna have any luck with.
Oh well, this fall I can start prepping him for wearing boots this winter
Now wouldn't that be cute!
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've been working with Kiarah on this trick also ... So far I've been able to hold her head still with the treat steadied on the nose then I start realeasing her head a little at a time and if she tries to jerk away to be able to eat the treat I beat her to the punch and grab it with a firm no then we try it again. This is one trick I've never mastered with any of my other dogs so I am determined to get Kiarah to master it since I've been able to get her to do follow hand commands incase something to her hearing should happen and I tought her to roll over for a treat and now she thinks everytime I have her lay down she is to roll over.. lol... other then that , the treat on the nose trick is still in progress.

hey DillyDally , whats the book called you for the tricks ? Wanna share some of the tricks in there ? Pwease

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
To start this trick your dog has to first learn leave it.

With dog sitting,collar way up un the neck(for quick correcting).Drop a piece of treat on the floor and say leave it. every time you correct.When to dog stops going for the treat-pick the treat up-(never let thempick stuff you drop off the floor) once they have mastered this have them lay down and work on getting the treat closer to them.Soon you will be able to put it on their feet and then nose.

Baby steps is the way to train them to do anything.Just keep working at farther away and go slow.It will happen.

Good luck

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

I will have to try that. I havent totally given up yet
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bwahaha , I got Kiarah to do it !! .. woohoo!! ... with just a little boredom , cabinet of doggie treats , and a lot of determination !! ... I've got to steady her head , put the treat on her nose , and keep telling her stay until I tell her to get it.. woohoo!! .. I'm so proud of my lil boogie...

Hey DillyDally , u mentioned something about a book of tricks. Can ya tell me what book it is ?? PWEASE *beggin*

·
Registered
656 Posts

Im so jealous-I dont think Apollo will ever learn that one
Congraatulations on a job well done
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah good job there Sissy!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Try having Apollo give you five.We start out with them laying down and while they are in a playful mood(puppies always are).put your hand down fast and say give me five.If they sniff pull away and start again.If you do it enough the dog will get a little mad(cause you keep pulling away) and stomp on the hand.

Make a big deal any time they touch the hand with their foot.This one is pretty easy.Inga can do it all ready.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

I'll have to try that one-he loves games, anything to do with getting attention
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
It doesn't matter how old they get they love anything to do with getting attention!

·
Registered
656 Posts

Yeah, mine does it everytime we get the hose out-he loves the water.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah I think if ya own a Rott then you have seen the happy dance! Duh! Oh and get your mind outta the gutter Dan!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I love when they do the happy dance .....mine also do the hopping up and down which shakes my whole house ......
especially when Zeus does it ......geeeeeesh if I was inthe stateCalifornia I would think we were having a earth quake....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.