Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Apollo into petsmart to get him bathed and groomed. Afterwards for being such a good boy, I always get him a little special something
needless to say he is always excited to go there
Today while we were checking out the toys some woman comes up, crouches down and starts to pet and inspect Apollo. I never have a problem with people approaching him cause he always loves the attention and its good for him to interact with strangers, but then this woman says "I would love to have your babies" to Apollo. I could only stare at her, didnt know what to say at first. Then I see her hubby has come around the corner, and they have a full grown female rott
She starts saying how she loves the way his head is so wide, and you can tell he is a german rott, and she wants to breed her female with my male. I told her he is only 19 wks. and obviously still a pup, that he is NOT a german rott and that I dont intend to breed him.She grabbed the leash from her husband and pulled her female nose to nose with my Apollo.She then continued to extole the merits of breeding the two of them as if I hadnt said anything. Telling me how her smaller rotts litter would benefit from being bred with Apollo because he is a large head, wide bodied rott. She would not give up, I finally just told her again that he was not going to be bred and started to walk away. She started to follow me telling me it would be a shame to not breed him and I turned around and told her it would be a shame if I had to demonstrate to her how much she was pi
me off.
She never asked about his parentage, whether there was a history of hip problems, temperament or anything. I have said I am not breeding Apollo because I dont know enough about his family history, and the parents were never checked for hip problems, and I stand by what I said. I also know nothing about breeding to better the breed so I'll stick with what Im good at-talking
That woman obviously wasnt thinking of bettering the breed and has no buisness breeding rotts.
My hubby said he could practically see the smoke rolling off the top of my head when I got home.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Good for you.

Don't worry I'm sure she will find some one to breed her female with.There are alot more people doing it for the money and not to better the breed.

Donna

·
Registered
387 Posts
Scarlet you where calm and right. Me on the other hand I would have gave her 6 million reason why I would not breed my male to her female. And not have been nice about it.You did great, wish I could be calm like that when made mad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.