Rottweilers Online Forums banner

No Rotties or Pitts welcome in CLINTON MS

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kitty 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I live in a little town outside ofJackson, MS (Clinton)where the "people in charge" are very ignorant and uneducated of specific dog breeds. They are under the impression that Rotties and Pits are the worst of the worse so they have been "outlawed". I am a veterinary nurse and can tell you from experience that I would much rather see a 120lb rottie walk through the door long before I would a poodle or che-waa-wa (yes I know that is not spelled correctly). Those dogs have given me more trouble and pain than any rott or pit could. There are a few other large breed dogs that I also get a headache over, but I will not give the "higher ups" any ideas. I truly believe as a trained professional in the field of veterinary medicine, home training is key, with ANY breed. There are bad aggresive dogs in the world, just as their are ignorant mean people, can we ban those too because I have already started my list! Just had to get this off my chest and if anyone has any ideas on how to reverse the law in my area, please let me know!!!

Much Love,

Tiff & Mason!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Tiffany,The so called "people in charge " makes you wonder if they have ever owned a dog, let alone a Rottie or a Pit. I'm not really sure how youwould exactly go about changing a ordinance out lawing these types of breeds. Maybe file a petition?Write letters to you Congress, Senator's ( if that would even help ) Usually once it's passed it's hard to reverse. Start going to your council meetings and hound them about this law, ask why, make them tell you what reasons they had to put this ordinance in action. I also live in a small town and I have been on council here for ever. As long as I'm on council there will NEVER be a ordinance to ban any type of breed.
I'll stay on council till I'm dead!
I have 3 Rotts, and will always own a Rott.

Tiff, are they trying to make you git rid of your dogs?Or move?I always say there is NO such thing as a bad dog just bad owners!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.