Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my neighbor had a get together for the holidays and confronted me about my biggie boy and his constant watch and aggravation on the side of the fence where she lives.there was a panel in the fence that was broken from her nephews who have climbed up on it to harrass my dog and throw things at him,so now he hates if anyone is entering on that side.she asked me to repair it so her guest wouldnt be scared away when they seen a rott jump 6 feet to greet them,he looks like he could get over the fence but he cant.she breeds shitzus who are permited to wander neighbors yard including mine,one day her puppydug a hole and entered my backyard.poor thing
my dog did some damage,a sec longer i believe the pup would have been dead.hes paralyzed now from chest down and drags his body where ever he goes.watching him at first was heart breaking but he has such a spirit makes you choke up.i dont know how anyone else feels about this subject ,but i personally would have euthanized because of the severe damage to the puppy.he cant use the bathroom on his own because of nerves are completely damaged.i feel she kept the pup alive because she felt guilty,and she is!but it doesn't look like this pups care is constant,his hair is filthy and matted and outside when its pouring,i guess she doesn't feel responsible anymore or she feels she spared his life[lucky dog,huh?!]and her repentive deed is done.sorry guys i had to vent my anger to someone.just because i mention it ,i did fix the broken panel but my dog kept a watching them through the cracks of the fence,and he was doing his job!

·
Registered
429 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Oh my god! I'm so sorry for that. It's something that hurts..Even myself!

It's sad when you see a dog hurt, and worse if you cant do anything for him

That is a case of cruelty. Your neighbor doesnt deserve to have a dog EVER! Irresponsability is such a bad habit!!

I don't know your neighbor (thank God) But I wish she could never get a pet!.. Maybe a snake just like her... Sorry for those who like snakes.

</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Ajay, did you read my post about walking my dogs? It seems people think since they have a small dog they can just let them out and about ! I'm sorry to hear about the pup and all ..so sad :( but I myself would have put it down ! As for the neighbor ....I have a privacy fence and if a piece gets broken I fix it !! I don't want my dogs out because of a broken fence ! I also have a doggie door so my pups can go out at any time except when I leaveI do block it off . I don't want them out side alone and no one home anything could happen. I also have a neighbor that has grand kids and they were climbing a apple tree and throwing the apples and sticksat my dogs wellllll I went over and told the kids and the grand parents .... all I could vision was one of them falling off the tree and into my yard
it hung over into my yard ... they were very apologetic and sincethen ..this spring it was cut down !!!! My pups are alsohere protect their land thats what a Rott does!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cough: snake owner here>> snake wouldn't hiss at them.Would take care of shit tuz's though :p when my older rotti was here i have a 3' chain link in front and he couldn't jump it worth nothing, ppl though maybe he could and just wasn't without special command,but he loaded up in the back of my truck just fine. Mind over matter i say. I would of taken the little mutt and put it down and said nothing and seen nothing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That story is heartbreaking! I'm very sorry for your ordeal. I also have neighbors that I can't trust. I actually have two fences along my backyard. One is a 6'ft chain link, and directly behind it I had an 8'ft privacy fence put up also. And I still don't allow them to be out in the yard without being out with them. I know I shouldn't have to, but every morning before I let my girls out, I take a quick tour of the perimeter of the yard. I don't put it past my neighbors to toss anything into our yard to harm my dogs.Maybe I'll walk both sides of the fence from now on and check for any hole diggings in the making. I never thought of that. So, thank you forsharing in your post.I never had a dog before I gotmy two Rottweilers almost 4 yrs ago. I got them for protection because of my neighbors.I live in a not so good neighborhood. This is veryironic and funny, because now all I do is worry about protecting my two big lovable babies from the neighbors. But, I suppose the neighbors don't know they are big babies.

·
Registered
218 Posts
wow Ajay ... that's tough.. Dang if you do, Dang if you don't... Don't you just love neighbors.....it is ashame what happened to the pup, but where was his owner? You just concentrate on your dog and your property... what ever comes over on your side... many times things jsut cannot be prevented.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
As we well know, aren't some people a trip...
.. I am real lucky here though, we have lived here in this house for 40 years and have had no trouble since the kids were little. Sad about the little dog but for goodness sake why don't people watch out for them... I would have surely had it put down...sad but true

·
Registered
429 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I totally agree with shody and xarimylov!

If the neighbor took care of the hurt puppy, maybe no need to put it down, but I guess sometimes people treat dogs like " wild animals"

And they are not...

If you think you can't handle a pet which is a responsability as well, then don't get a pet.!!!!!!!!!

Under the condition of the puppy, the best way out, is to put him down.. It;s hard to say!

</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts