Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this is jack hes 3.5 yrs old siberian husky!
He's a good boy
he wouldnt hurt a fly but i can get him to show his teeth on command lol *picture*(he only does it when i ask him to, he's very good with kids and other dogs)
he doesnt bark either, he also hates the WATER :/
ohh and he's an escape artist! :/ (yeah he got hit by a car last year and the stupid driver didnt even stop... but he was ok, stayed at the vet over night, got some pain killers and lots of rest and he's great now :))
he's a very good dog.. we love him!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Jack is very handsome. I love his blue eyes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is not unusual at all for Huskies to hate water. They are an arctic breed and are bred to think water=death because in their origins if they decided to go swimming they would freeze to death. Also, they are very good at escaping, and are not unknown to "plot" to escape! Part of the breed... So he's nothing out of the ordinary! ;)

He is quite handsome! I love Huskies exactly with his coloring and coat. I would love to own one, but it gets way too hot here for them. It was 116* yesterday! :rolleyes:

I bet he was just a fuzzball as a pup... LOL!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you :)
yeah we've talked to many many trainers and they even say not to waste my money and time on trying to train him not to run away from me lol a good friend of mine owns a husky too she paid for an advanced training course and yes her dog did learn but once he saw a cat or something moving he would take off. she always tells me, no matter how well trained they are, they will always follow their instincts :/ oh well i guess thats part of being a husky owner lol
OHH WOW 116? where are you? thats too hot! if it was that hot in here id probably stay inside the house all day lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
They can be trained to come, but when they decide to go, they WILL go. So you were wise not to pay hundreds on trainers! It is best to keep a secure fence and doors, and keep them always on a lead unless in a secured fenced area. That's about it! It's like letting a coonhound off leash, don't expect much when they catch a scent or find a fun chase!

Anyways, I live in Arizona in US. Yeah, it was torture. Monsoon season is coming though, woot! It was 9:30 AM this morning and overcast and somehow still 100*.... :S Now at 4 PM it is 107*. Ahh well, it is the norm!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woww! my sister lives in Tucson by the air force base (her husband is in the air force) shes always telling me that she cant wait to move somewhere else lol its too hot for her.
and yeah we have a 6ft fence, theres no way he can get out, actually he tried to go on a branch of a tree in our backyard to get out (i saw him one day as i was leaving the house, i wanted to make sure he was ok so i looked through the gate and saw him figuring out how to get up there) lol i had to cut the branch down because i knew he was going to find a way out eventually lol hes very smart but VERY stubborn! hes so friendly and gentle tho, i wouldn't trade him for anything! hes the best big brother odin could ever had! lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tucson sucks... I don't blame her! Every year it gets hotter.

I want to move so badly, too. It is NOT worth it. Literally we hibernate in the summer. No one goes out til evening! And still that's hot! It'll stay 100* til 9pm or later, it just isn't so bad when the sun is down. ;)

Be careful with that fence... if he wants it bad enough, he can jump over! 6ft isn't as tall as you think.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow thats crazy :/ ive never been to AZ but im not planning on going any time soon either lol maybe when summer time is over ill go visit my sister, shes always the one visiting me.

thats true, im extra careful with him! hes not an outside dog, he sleeps with us and is always inside the house :p so whenever hes outside either its for a short period of time to do his business or if its a long time either my husband is watching him or im watching him. i always have to keep an eye on him, i hope he calms down as he gets older, hes almost 4 years old and still acts like a puppy lol, same energy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Haha! Huskies never slow down! ;) They do calm down but always have energy.

Visit November-ish. It is SO NICE then. It is about 60-70* and not snowy or rainy at all. It is very cool and enjoyable!

It is good you keep an eye on him. Things can go bad quickly!a

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks, lol yeah he stays away from water as much as possible, he doesnt even go near the pool when we open it during the summer. we might go to the dog beach on saturday but we're only bringing odin, jack will freak out lol

·
Registered
577 Posts
Handsome Boy - I love the films Eight Below and Snow Dogs I always watch them when they are on TV

Here is a picture taken about 5 years ago, of my friends Rott training with huskys just across the border in Wales

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts