Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like Harley has a begining of a tumor. She was only able to get 2 little cells off of it, so she thinks it might be a Histiocytoma. Which most cases are benign. Not 100%. She is asking for a second opinion on Monday when the expert comes back. She said with whatever it is I caught it really early. :).

Most people would have just passed over it not thinking twice. I was researching what that type of tumor is and it does not look at all the same :(. I am no expert though.

Also I just found out harley has what they call a pertruding rib. It can be a birth defect, or some other problem, so she wants to monitor his growth for the next couple months......

HE IS NOT EVEN 2

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
It is good that you check your dog over like that. I rub mine all the time checking for ticks so I would probably find a lump also. Everyone should learn to do that with their dogs and maybe catch something before it gets out of control. I hope the 2nd opinion is a good one and that you get some good news.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You are such a great mom to have checked on Harley and noticed soemthing amiss. Early detection is all the difference. Hang in there and keep givin that lovin to that beautiful pooch.

God is with you and the spirit of the forum..........

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I massage him once a week, full body to check over to make sure all is well. I am petrified of the nasty C word in rotties, so I am alittle paranoid...That is how. And as my vet said, better to be alittle paranoid than not care

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hey Karen , I hope everything turns out ok with Harley . Think positive ! That's my motto ! You caught it early that's a good thing !! He's in my prayers ! and yes I think he needs another cookie
(now you see why Kitty's so fat ) I check my pups everyday with a good rub ,Icheck ears and teeth too . I never heard of a pertruding rib ? What if anything will they have to doabout that ?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
within a couple of days it has been getting bigger, so now I am more worried :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did you do the second opinion? Biopsy?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am waiting for the call today with the second opinion... Take it from there

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOHOOOOOOOO it is benign.....Just called me with the great news. Thank god.

They gave me an option to remove it, or let it grow out. I told her if it is worse, or not gone by 3 months I will definetly remove it. It is a histiocytoma......

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Yeaaaaaaa !! Karen....glad to hear your great news ! They sure do worry us now don't they !

·
Registered
218 Posts
AMEN!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you and your pup....!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we are doing many happy dances, LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts