Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We said goodbye to our Honey Bee last week after a monthslong battle with osteosarcoma. Her wonderful vet was able to come to our house and her passing was as peaceful as possible. We buried her at the front of our property, so we can visit her and she can continue to look over our home (and bark at those pesky deer and turkeys). I am trying to find solace in the fact that she is no longer in pain, and perhaps she has been reunited with her former owner. From what we know, he loved her dearly and passed before we adopted her.

Her vet expected about 3 months with palliative care, but Bee had different ideas and gave us almost 5 months. I know I should be grateful for the bonus time, but it didn't feel long enough. I suppose it never does. Though Bee was only with us for a small portion of her 9 years on this earth, she made a tremendous impact. I've always made strong connections with animals, but there was something special about Bee and I will miss her every day for the rest of my life. We've started to get our home "back to normal" but I haven't been able to put away her collection of plush bottles yet.

Over time, once the grief is less constant, my partner and I will look to adopt another adult or senior rottie in Bee's honor, so I am sure I will be back here. Thank you all, for your support. I still have some "what-ifs" about our journey with Bee (what-if we were more aggressive with treatment, what-if we amputated, etc.), but you all helped me make peace with it. I know that our decisions were the same that Bee would have made, if she were able, and her passing was inevitable. Thank you.

Plant Window Dog Carnivore Grass

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

Furniture Dog Comfort Carnivore Dog breed

· Administrator
2,049 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Honey Bee is gone. You can tell she was very much loved and adored. Thank-you for taking her into your home and hearts. I
I do hate that empty house feeling without a dog. When the time is right, the right dog will find you.

RIP Honey Bee.

· Premium Member
151 Posts
My sympathies for your loss. A pain that really hurts. She will live in your heart and dreams forever. I promise you
When strong enough, get a Rottie puppy. A new adventure in your life and years and years of joy... after the initial puppy work is done....lol

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My sympathies for your loss. A pain that really hurts. She will live in your heart and dreams forever. I promise you
When strong enough, get a Rottie puppy. A new adventure in your life and years and years of joy... after the initial puppy work is done....lol
The seniors and adults just have a special place in my heart. I feel the same way about puppies as I do about my young nieces and nephew. Adorable and fun for a short while.. then I am ready to give them back and enjoy the piece and quiet! Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts