Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ive seen so many variations in the breed of recent years. Its what line you go for. In serbia they brees lines like mastiffs in some places that are 150lbs plus. You can also get some that are very small. My last male was 75lbs. So you get both extremes and anything inbetween, as well as overwight/underweight/byb etc. My male i have now is ADRK line which are very strict on their standards and perserve the breed to strict criteria. All dogs are fully health tested including heart and eyes. All dogs in line are titled bh, ch, ztp multi v rated etc and as for weight again, they are all within standard. Its what you prefer and are looking for. The breeding has been varied so much in recent decades there seems to be no "one size fits all"

·
Registered
173 Posts
I didnt say mine was "well bred" but i do think adrk is a good place to start as all dogs are titled, health tested and previous dogs in line adhere to strict height and weight standards. My dog weighs about 115lbs and is 19months old so might get to 120 or stay at this weight and is 26inchs tall. Standard is between 50 and 60kg for males 110-130lbs approx with most reaching no more than 120ish. I wasnt condoning giant Rottweilers, they are a working breed and should be able to work im a variety of fields eg IPO and thats why i went for the line i did. However Its a matter of choice, some people want the giant wet look and wheres theres demand, people supply. We can advise what is healthy for the breed but cannot police it. People will do what they want to do. My last male was way under standard, ive no issues admitting that, i am aware he wouldnt have met the show criteria but was a great dog all the same

·
Registered
173 Posts
And no 165 is not within adrk standard by a long shot. A quick search will show the sires credentials, including adrk reg and number, as all dogs must have along with titles aquired before they can be bred as adrk line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts