Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, took Gretchen to the 2006 National Sieger Show down in North Carolina this past weekend and we had a blast ! The best of the best in the country were there and it was quite a show. A friend of mine and I went down with FOUR Rottweilers in a Ford Explorer
. 16 hours each way and the dogs were great !

My friend took three dogs. He took a 6 month old pup he got from Serbia and two 2 1/2 year old males. I took my back yard bred girl with her fly away ears and we all went down to have some fun. Friday morning my friend won 1st place in 6 - 9 month female puppy and came to within a millimeter of winning BEST FEMALE pup over all. My girl Gretchen's class had 13 dogs and most of them were top notch. As the judge let people go we made it down to FOURTH but there were only 1st , 2nd , and 3rd
. In the puppy class they have four ratings your pup can get ... a VP ( very promising ) , a P ( promising ) , a S ( satisfactory ), and a NP ( not promising ). You can also be released. I was pretty shocked to see dog after dog go away and we were still standing there. The entire thing cam down to the dogs running ! When the judge came over to let us go he explained why she runs so poorly . Her angulation is very even but not the best so when she runs she doesn't show the power and drive he is looking for in a Rottweiler. She needs more angulation. He also told me that over in Europe where he is from he has friends who are breeders who would KILL to have a Gretchen head on their dogs. He said don't love her any less tomorrow than you did yesterday because she is a very nice dog. I told him not to worry about that because we would be in the same bed that night
. Sooooooo, my little backyard bred female got a "P" rating and I was very happy. She has fly away ears, slightly turned out front feet, and only fair angulation but over all he was impressed with her.

The two males that belong to my friend ... the first one got 4th place trophy in 18 - 24 month youth and the other didn't do too well.

I also met a member from here on Rottweilersonline. I met Redyre Rotties and her very pretty girl Penny !

I took some pictures.

Gretchen ...

Judge explaining her faults...

some of her competition ...

Me and gretchen ..

My friend and Ivonna Iron Lion ... 6 month old winner ..

and member Redyre Rotties ...

this is Penny in her coat... so cute

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is her written critique...

It says ...

CRITIQUE : 9 months. Medium type. Correct bone. Good head, forehead and stop. Very highset strong ears somewhat loose from skull. Small almond shaped dark eys. Good mouth pigment. Very good fill under eye. Very good neckline correctly arched. Good topline. Slightly sloping croup. Good chest depth, width and forechest. Feet turning out in front. Course dense stock hair. Light browm markings well defined on chest. Sufficient angles front and rear. Sufficient reach and drive.

RATING - P

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Welcome back.

It sounds like you had alot of fun.I have yet to go to a seiger style show(too much running for me)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check this guy out ! BIG money here.... over $30,000 worth !

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Good going 2bad for your girl and your friend. I know you had a nice time and saw alot of good interesting things. I would love to go to one of those dog shows, if one ever comes near Fl. I will. Did your friend get the puppy from Joan? Again congratulations

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And ... another new pup
but he didn't come home today

·
Registered
223 Posts
That sounds so fun 2bad, good job Gretchen! I want to go to a sieger style show sometime too. I would love to actually get a critique. I understand the standard, but still have trouble looking at my girl and really objectively evaluating her!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have been dying to hear how your weekend went and it sounds like you had an awesome time !!! I bet it was pretty scarey traveling to unchartered waters (Seiger show)and probably learned alot.

I'm proud of you & Gretchen... Good Job !!!!

Thanks for the great pics... never been to a Seiger and it felt like just being right there....

·
Registered
328 Posts
I too couldn't wait to hear about your first show. Glad you all had fun. (that's the name of the game). You should be very proud of your girl.

so whens the next one?

Barb

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
2bad said:
Check this guy out ! BIG money here.... over $30,000 worth !

That is just way too much for a dog !!!!

I guess I'm just cheep.I have a hard time paying 500.00 or asking that much for a puppy.I wont even breed to a dog over that amount.That is just unconsious (to me)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, 2bad.. Those are awesome pics.. I was really wanting to hear from you and too see how this went!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for telling us about it,, I knew I couldn't wait!!! :)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone. We had a blast ! There were people there from Kansas, Ohio, Washington state, Texas, they came from all over the country. I am defenitely going to do this again ! and again !!!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW ... very nice ! Thank you so very much

hope your boyfriend doesn't get mad about the kiss

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hey 2bad, she looks great on her page, Donna did her proud. How nice to have all the great things said about her. I know you are so proud,as well you should be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts