Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I saw a post here a couple weeks ago regarding a calendar featuringpics of everyone's rottweilers. I think it's a great idea, and I would be willing to organize it, if everyone is still interested. I made one myself last year using Lulu Publishing, and it turned out great. Although the calendar and layout itself was rather simple, the pics came out really nice and vivid. The cost of this would be between about $18.00-$20.00 for each calendar including shipping charges, and everyone would be able to order their calendar individually through Lulu.

Let me know your thoughts, and then I'll work out the details.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I'm in .....thanks Jess.... I'm going to post new pics

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Sounds like the calendar idea is a big hit all around-so when do we get started??
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool.

To start I need your pictures. They have to be original, un-cropped, and not re-sized. Pictures that are re-sized will stretch, so I need your pictures that are not edited and at their maximum size and resolution.

It also looks better if your rotties are close up and with nice scenery backgrounds. Pictures taken with digital cameras would be best, but I'll try to make scanned pictures work if you don't have a digital camera.

You can email them to me at [email protected], along with your rotties name and your forum name.If there's a problem with what you send I'll let you know. Once I have enough pics for a full calendar, I'll post a sample of what the calendar will look like.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Oh this is great! I cant wait to see the finished product Jess
I have to go take some more pics this weekend, hopefully get some good ones on the beach. Thanks again for all your help. Come on Everyone-get those pics in!</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Jess, my daughter is having pictures taken this week of her and my son with my 4 Rotts for my Birthday ... I'm not sure if they will be taken by a digital camera or not . I definitley in with the calender ... when i get them I will post them alsoI belong to photo bucket and you can even get them off of there if needed if that doe's not work can I just send you a copy by snail mail ?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kitty, email would be best so I can keep them all together, but photobucket would be okay too. Just make sure not resize them.

Come on everyone send me your pics!!! I've only received a couple so far.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE , are we gonna get it done ? How many pics in so far ?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's who I have pics from:

SamsMom
DillyDally
2bad
dizzy
rutylr
vonstallog

If you're not on this list, I didn'treceive your picture... send it again to [email protected]. A couple of the pics I did receive may be too small, if they are I will email you early next week to let you know.

It's best if you send me the original uncropped picture. The bigger the resolution, the better the image looks when printed. Don't worry about how big the file size is. If you have trouble sending a big file through email, let me know and we'll work something out. Small, cropped, low resolution pictures (such as those from a cell phone) will stretch and come out blurry in the calendar.

I'd like to have all pictures in by October 31st, and the calendar ready for purchase in early November. Sound good?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
No pics from dan, no pics from Kitty, shame on you ! Come on now, send in those pictures

·
Registered
914 Posts
I just sent my pics to you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.