Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the vet the other day. Buster weighed in at 143lbs. Vet said he was 50lbs overweight. He's 7yrs old. He hasn't been 90lbs since he was 10 months old(not fat). I think 50lbs would be too much for him to lose. He would be perfect at about 115-120. Does any one have a good training regimen for him to lose the unwanted weight?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Start cutting his food down a bit.My gril Zelda could look at food and gain weight.

Or if you want to put him on a short diet try Green beans.

I went to a cheep food store Aldi's and purchased a case of green beans.

This is a 12 day supply.Feed the dog half the food per feeding and a can of green beans.Twice a day.The beans are fillers and mostly all water.Some dogs will not eat them at first so don't mix them feed the beans and food seperate.Soon they will figure out this is all they are getting and should eat it.

Some say this causes.HA !!! I think Rottweilers them selves cause gass

try this for the 12 days and see how he looks.then keep his food intake down until you get him to the weight you like.Being over weight is never good for a dog

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I tried the green beans on a dog I had in the past and it helps. But just like humans, diet alone doesn't get the job done. He needs to walk A LOT or run. Some people actually use a treadmill.

90 pounds is no good either, thats female weight.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ihave the same problem, my 5yr. old male's weight is 155 i feed him eagle pack, and tripe, i 've reduced his food but doesnt look like he is loosing it!! my rott hears food and gains weight.....

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I think it is a Rottweiler thing.Looking at food and putting weight on.

Daphney had to go on a little diet(as I'm hoping to breed her as soon as she comes in) she was easy as she is very active and lost what little weight she needed to.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
My Kitty needs to lose a few lbs too , maybe I will try that ....I have a girlfriend that has a little dog and she is full figured ( we don't say fat around here
) and her baby loves green beans . She has a garden also and her babyloves them freshly picked .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts