Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys seasoned rottweiler owner here, in past always had makes got a bitch she's just over her second season, both times she's had phantom pregnancys, this second one is awful, extreme almost she's got full nipples especially the 4 down by her tail she's leaking milk without even touching them, she nesting, digging the garden up resourse guarding her bones which she never does useally and today which worried me alot she jumped our fence which again she's never done and I was petting her and she bit me, she also got aggressive with mrmy son when he's walked past her bone, I don't blame her for biting as you can see from the list of issues she's suffering alot, we have vets Monday, I'm just worried this aggression will stay with her, I wanted to get her to full maturity b4 a spayed her but that's not looking like an option now she 17 months now, any advice from owners that have dealt with this I would really appreciate. From one rottweiler lover to all of this forum of rottweiler lovers, so sad for her.

·
Administrator
1,995 Posts
The phantom pregnancies will only get worse. Please have her spayed. This is a medical hormonal problem. She is more than old enough now to be spayed....and after 2 heats she is mature enough in growth. I would also make sure to take everything away from her that she can guard, or think of as her "babies". I have also heard that there are things you can do such as cut her food amount in half for 2-3 days to get through the false pregnancy. Do a google search and you may get some ideas to help her along.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts