Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! I think I've made up my mind. I thought I would be spending more time looking, but I'm feeling good. Marlene of Marlos rottweilers did remember me, but had all of the females from her new litter claimed. She told me a friend of hers had just had a litter by her Victor. Well, this litter only has one female available, but she had another litter and kept two show quality females, and said she would be willing to sell me one. We talked over the phone for a long while, and she told me I could choose, but that she thought sheknew which one wouldfit my needs a little bit better. The only thing I had to really thinkhard about was that she is already 12 weeksold. Not that old, but older than I've evergotten a puppy. This breeder is Wendi Lewellen of Iron Chancellor rottweilers, and the sire is Multi BIS, AM/Can CH Iron Chancellor V Bergenhof CDX, HIC, CGC, aka Schatze. I'm really excited! Donna, do you know of this dog, or the breeder?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Didn't really mention alot about the breeder. She actually kept me on the phoneinterrogating me, which made me feel good, like she actually cared. The last breeder I almost got a puppy from pretty much just asked if I had the money, and that was her only real question, besides "girl or boy?" RED FLAG, eh? She was very nice, and I got a good feeling from her. Plus, being Marlene recommended her, I was already feeling good about it!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
You are so lucky I always wanted a Schatz kid.He is out of Nelson a great dutch import.I love that dog.He is on the picture I drew for the Rottweiler Specialty,Yesterday in Ohio.Wendy has produced some great dogs..

Take her or I will have to come and get her
.as soon as you can post pictures.

12 weeks 8 weeks not much difference.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Congrats Brandi on the new pup !! I think 12 weeks is much better for you and the pup they have a bit longer to be with their Mom and siblings . Can't wait to see some pics !

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys! Thanks for the nice words! That makes me feel better, you guys telling me 12 weeks won't be a bad thing. I've just never done it, and I was worried about us bonding and things like that! Okay, I'll take her for sure then! Thanks guys! I can't WAIT! We'll either ship her here in the next week or so, Wendi is moving I guess, so it's really busy right now!), OR, she might send her with friends. She said some friends are heading to AZ in the next week or so, and they could drive her and I could meet them and pick her up. Oh, my gosh, I can barely stand it!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
CONGRATS ! I have never had a new puppy. All of my dogs have been rescues.If I was a stay at home dad I'd probably have two or three puppies but I have to work every day and I'd like to be around for the first few months. Enjoy, and take lots of pictures. We like pictures

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks 2bad! I KNOW, who DOESN'T like pictures?!
I hope you get to experience having a puppy some day soon, but for now, I think it's awesome that you've had rescues! That's wonderful!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I told my room mate about your puppy and she was in awe.She too has always like the sire.

I didn't know she still had him collected.Maybe there is a boy out of this littler some where that I might be able to breed to some day(hoping,hoping,hoping)

Donna

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Donna! Yeah, I can't WAIT. We just spent the last several hours struggling to find a flight to get her here as soon as possible, and got so frustrated because it's so hot here, now we're flying up there to get her ourselves, and taking her back as carryon. I'm sure the other passengers will love it if she wines the whole way!
Anyway, yeah, Ithink that there were 12 puppies in the litter, so there's got to be a male or two out there. The dam is Ch Iron Chancellors Dream Catcher. I've been trying to find pictures of her, online, but it seems to be impossible. Wendi said that she hasn't been able to update her site in a while, so that's probably why I can't find it there. But Schatze is sure on there, so I got to look at him! Do you know of the dam at all?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you have anything with her name on it.and her registration number.I looked up her name but could not find her any where.

Donna

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Donna. I sent her a fax number last night, she's going to try to fax me her pedigree and puppy contract today if she can.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Click on the link above and then click on Pedigree.Once in her pedigree click on dog in the pedigree and you should be able to see pictures of most of them

Donna

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jess and I are having such a hard time deciding how to get her here. We would like to fly, but weren't sure if she would fit as carryon, or if she'd cry. Wendi said she's sure she'll fit, and I'm sure she has done this alot. Also, someone on another forum, said they did it with their 12 wk old, and she was perfect and quiet the whole time. I don't know! Not much time to decide, either! Although I'm glad there's such little time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.