·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Two more and that's all.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice Garage, I am getting ready to put one up, Ill Prob Go Board n Baton instead of metal itll just fit in better here though it does cost a bit more. I do like the colors of your's very much, Are you guys going to insulate it? if so how? What size is yours? what height are the ceilings? Is there storage up top? I am just looking for ideas and plan on getting something very close to yours. Once again nice job.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you. The ceilings are 8 and a half feet. Yes we could put things up in the attic. We have an access panel but we probably won't. It's 28 by 28 and we are thinking about insulating. We have plenty of room for other things besides the Jeep. We have left over James Hardie cement siding that we plan on putting on the inside. That is what we have on our house. The garage matches the house in color. The garage doors cost a lot of money but they are really nice. We put in 5 windows and one man door. We might put shutters on that match the house but there again it isn't necessary. We used Jen-Weld windows and they are nice. We have Pella windows in our house. How many acres do you have?

Garage Doors - Residential - Wayne Garage Door Sales & Service

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The pitch is 6/12. We think the 4/12 pitch was too low. I did a lot of looking at detached garages on google image search. That might help you to get even more ideas if you want. I enjoyed it.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just a note: Wayne Doors aren't Wayne-Dalton Doors. We wanted the garage doors to be finished on the inside not just insulated.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The garage doors look very nice, I plan on doing 10 Ft Ceilings in this one. I have about 50 Acres here. I did the hardie siding looks to be the same color as yours on my last home, I had put on a 1,500 sq ft add and then got a divorce and lost both homes in that ordeal. I now have my 2 sons and this place that I bought as a foreclosure back in 2010 I with the help from friends I took this home right down to the studs replaced everything from the roof to the plumbing and electrical I got to rearrange the lay out also. I have all nice Real hardwood floors along with Slate in some rooms. Have nice rustic rough cut mantals and trim and I also put in nice cherry cabinets along with a Black Granit counter top and with a slate sink and a section of the counter top is butcher block. Its hard being divorced and getting this stuff done, I just got my Convection Microwave along with matching Dishwasher in stainless put in last month. I still want to replce the windows and some odds and ends but I am 32 Years old and trying real hard.

P.S I put a hot tube in the master bath and Love it.

P.s.s I think it's arsenic that is in the seeds.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am sorry you had personal problems but you are moving forward. I was 32 when we broke ground on our house. People say it must be boring living in the country and I disagree. We plan on living the rest of our life here. I can't imagine living cramped next to neighbors after all these years. I have to redo my counter top and sink but the oak cabinets still look good so they will stay.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It s fine Me and my EX get along we live about 1.5 Miles apart. I like the way your front yard looks, I plan to put a pond in this summer, a fish/garden pond prob about 15 x 15 and 3 to 4 ft Deep ( I did a small garden one last year ). Next Year I plan to put a much bigger one in, I have plenty of Springs and brooks and streams to feed it. I have a beautiful Stream that has Native Trout in it that runs on my property. I didn't get to look at all of your Pic's yet I am off to work now I ll check them out later. Working in till 8 in the morning then let the prunning begin.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Your place sounds heavenly. Have a good night at work and have fun pruning tomorrow. There is always something to do in the country. I have never been bored.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow, that's a nice garage!

All I have is a 12' x 20' barn in my backyard - 7' ceiling, with storage above - insulated, electric, propane heat, and AC.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Crixus, Thank you. My husband never thought he would get a garage and finally his dream was able to come true. I like to wash and wax the Jeep. We had an 86 Marquis for many years and since we bought our low mileage 2007 Jeep Liberty I have loved caring for it. Being able to wax it in the garage in the evening made it even more fun.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Martha How many heaters do you have? Were and what did it cost? does it work well? I am getting closer I hop to maybe able to break ground this fall. Thanks

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
346 Posts
Do you leave it on all the time or do you turn it on only when you want to work out there? How much propane does it use?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Joe, We only ran it when we were trying to dry the cement since it was getting really cold so I don't know how much it used. We also had just put in a Lennox propane furnace. We had it filled to 80% and now it is 65% left. We burn wood though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You heat the garage with wood? Is there a reason you guys didn't use radiant heat in the floor?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Joe, No we use wood as our preferred heat in our home. We don't use the garage enough to warrant more then the propane heater. The garage was built basically for our Jeep and my husbands tools and to store things.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
wow martha, that's pretty awesome. it makes me want to go build something in my yard. maybe a crappy little garden shed :)

p.s. love the natural gas heater. i see the yellow teflon tape and ball valve so i'm guessing gas. i'm assuming that it's the same in the US at the moment because up here natural gas is very cheap at the current market price. it's exponentially cheaper to heat with it than with electricity.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Capp, Having a garage is nice for my husband. He has patiently waited for over 30 years to have one. We put in a propane furnace in our house so we buried a line from our house to the garage and use propane. We are waiting for the contractor to pour a cement slab for 3 kennels we are adding to the one side of the garage. Tractor Supply has these very nice 5 by 10 kennels on sale for $229 so we bought 3 of them. Because they will share two common walls we will make tops and tarp at least half of each kennel. This will help when it rains or snows and they need to be out. These kennels are nice because they are in 5 foot sections and are easy to handle.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts