Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a walk with a friend of ours and her 10 month old German shepard. In the park we met another one, about 9 months old and we let them play..

Laika is only 5 months old but shes a tough little girl

The older dogs were much faster than her, but she compensated by running the "inside track" and taking every shortcut she could to catch the other two. Smart dog!

We had loads of fun

This is Laika and the 9 month old male. Holding her own.. hehe.

After a bit he got the upper hand.. hmmm, just you wait until shes fully grown you bully!

GRoooowLLLL!

Laika with the 10 month old bitch, Nellie.

And back to the male again.. ooooh, he is soo much fun

Finally all three had a romp around the grass before going home and sleeping the whole afternoon/evening.

She loves to sleep in the flowerbed.. hihi.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Great pics again Bear !! Looks like they are having a great time !

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oh my God.... Yea, Shepherd pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

You stole my heart... I just love those animals

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I promise there will be more.. hehe.

We do obedience training at the local shepherd club and Nellies trainer is a close friend of ours

I think I will have to break out my old Nikon though, the digital camera just isnt fast enough for fast dogs.. hehe

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well send more... You do take great pictures... Never get tired of looking at them!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Shody, I love taking them

Main thing to remember when taking pictures of dogs is to try to get down to their level. That way you see all the beautiful lines when they move and every funny expression they have on their faces.

A fast camera also helps a lot. Wide aperture will ensure nice and clear images when the dogs run too fast for average digital cameras.

I can recommend the Canon "Powershot" series of digital cameras. I use the S70 and I find it is very good except for the small aperture which makes it hard to take good images in poor light and when the subject is moving too fast.

HP also makes some very nice cameras which are quite affordable. The Photosmart R818 being the best of them. This has a wider aperture than the Canon Powershot series making it very good for "fast shots" and taking pictures in difficult light conditions. I personally find the HP cameras use batteries a bit too fast, but otherwise they are great cameras.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Right now I have the Olympus C-4000 Zoom. It cost around $499 and here in the states under Consumer Reports (Company that critques products for effectiveness), it has it near the top of good products. But that was about 2 years ago. It might have changed now.

Yes , heard of the tip of getting down tolevel with you petfor taking pictures.

I am just one of those that never has the camera with me when I see a great pose.I am always saying, "Darn....wish I would've had my camera with me"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts