Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fighting HARD over the past 24 hrs to save a sweet boys life at the NYC Manhattan Center shelter. He has until noon today....then he will be put down. After going in circles with the RIDICULOUS red tape and automated systems at the shelter, I FINALLY found a rescue that is willing to help me. The rescue can pull him from the shelter provided I pass the screening. What angers me is only a short list of rescues are allowed to pull the dogs from the shelters....all of which are hours from me! There is no time for home visits and all that jazz....he has exactly 6 hours left of life. But, they are willing to work with me and will be calling me in a couple of hours for an interview. The biggest issue with the rescue is the fact that Shyloh is not spayed...and Taylor is NOT neutered. But I will schedule a spay or a neuter early next week...and that will be done as soon as the vet office opens this morning. And the vet can provide a letter proving the appointment is scheduled. I sure hope that is enough! This boy passed all his evaluations with flying colors and is very sweet but very scared. They think he is mixed with some type of hound...he has cute floppy hound ears! He melts my heart.....PLEASE pray for me and Taylor if you can find a minute of your time to do so! I have attached a couple of pics of him...you can see the love and sweetness in his eyes.

taylor2.jpg
taylor1.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I did not get the boy but he was SAVED! I passed the requirements for the rescue application but when they went to pull him he was already on reserve by a member of the public AND another rescue! He is one lucky boy..he had 2 members of the public and 2 rescues scrambling to save his life! Thank heavens he was saved and he will now be out of that living hell of a shelter! The poor boy is sick with kennel cough and very scared. But his life is about to get MUCH better. Thank you all who prayed for him....I really appreciate it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts