Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Moose is now 5 months and had his first trainer day. He did awesome. Getting back to the title he had diarrhea for about 5 days. We put his meals to rice and chicken and meds from the vet. She put him on a 1 1/2 pills of Apo Metronidazole twice daily. He pooped only 1 time yesterday and it was solid. He has not had a bowel movement today yet. Should I be concerned or it because his bowels were emptied due to the diarrhea.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,549 Posts
When they have diarrhea....it does take awhile till the bowels are full again with the need to poop 2-3 times per day. The chicken and rice also does not produce much stool because it get's digested easily. I would not worry about it now. If he does not produce any poop in the next couple of days after having a solid poop....then you may need to adjust his diet with some more fiber.

·
Super Moderator
1,549 Posts
Fast forward we got Moose back on his kibble and his stool is loose again.
Oh that's too bad!!! Has he been checked for giardia?? That is a common problem...fine when they are on meds...and then once back to their kibble...they start squirting diarrhea again. :rolleyes: Giardia can be hard to find in a stool sample...and hard to get rid of once a pup/dog has it. Has he had a stool sample check for worms or parasites???

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have him back on kibble and rice and his stools are still mushy but they are logs. Moose has finished his pills and now on a probiotic, hoping that this will fix him. He is still his old self racing around with his brother. Thanks for asking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts