Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor boy sure was sick yesterday. I was working downstairs and heard vomiting, sure enough he lost his lunch and breakfast. He then pooped and peed on the on the floor as well He then vomited a slime up. He missed his dinner. We cooked him some rice and he had a bit this morning as well as ice cubes for his thirst. It was scary but he seems fine this morning. I guess he got into something he shouldn't have eaten.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Poor guy!!! :( Hope he's feeling better today. Make sure that you keep him hydrated today. Let him drink ....but make sure he's not guzzling too much down at once.
I wish they could tell us what nasty thing they ate.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
I usually try to do a ratio of 1/4 cup cooked chicken (white meat no skin) and 3/4cup white overcooked rice for a day or two. Does he still have diarrhea ?? If his bowels are loose keep him on the rice today...and then slowly start adding some kibble to his rice meal tomorrow. If his guts are fine already today...add a bit of kibble to the rice today. Smaller meals are better. Sometimes if you start too quickly...things go south again!!!!:(:oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts