Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any of you read this from the center of the page ?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=left width="100%">
<DIV align=center>
<CENTER>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>
SUSPECT IN CUSTODY FOR ALLEGED ANIMAL CRUELTY

Wednesday, March 15, 2006</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></CENTER></DIV></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" width="100%">

A 24-year-old Jacksboro man has been arrested for cruelty to animals. It happened Tuesday evening after police say Mauricio Toca Sosa confessed to the cruelty. Police say they initially found Sosa`s Rottweiler puppy wandering around town bleeding with his ears and tail cut off. A local veterinarian and an animal rescue group called "Animal Angels" have been caring for the Rottweiler ever since animal control picked it up last week. Because the Rottweiler is now featured on the Animal Angels website, the group has been flooded with donations and offers of adoption from around the country. Sosa is scheduled to be arraigned in Jack County later today.</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Here is a link to the dog. BEWARE - graphic pictures !!! Poor little guy

http://www.anmlangls.org/Cruelty/littlejoe.htm

·
Registered
78 Posts
that has made me so bl--dy angry,this guy should have his ears and you know what cut off see how he likes it what an evil ba---rd,that poor,poor pup and then for people to say IT'S JUST A DOG SICK SICK SICK

·
Registered
218 Posts
DISGUSTING!!!!
I can't look at the pictures.... I will have nightmares for sure. I pray there is justice..

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
That poor puppy.I hope the guy gets alot of time for what he did.

Since he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Donna

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the problem in this world. If that dog bit that guy the entire country would hear about the viscious Rottweiler who bit some poor guy. Just the opposite here and that guy may get a year in jail or a $500 fine. They would put that dog down and it should work just the same the other way. A dog doesn't understand that biting is bad , a human should know better than to do that to a dog.

I say kennel him with 6 starving Rottweilers. It he survives an hour then no jail time

·
Registered
1 Posts
I say dip that guy in gravy and put him in a room with a rottweiler thats high on angel dust. Thats just what i think.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW ... Today I received a e-mail from the Animal Angels site thanking me for bringing this to peoples attention. Their site tracks visitors and they knew that I had posted this info on some of the forums that I visit. This is the e-mail I got from them...

Hi Andy ....

I was checking weblinks to LJ's webpage & found where you had posted him to your classic bronco website blog.

Thank you for spreading the information about him. We hope that with a lot of publicity & attention that this person will be actually found guilty of the crime of Animal Cruelty & that the next legislative session will remove some of the loopholes in the Animal Cruelty law that allow a person to do many things to an animal of his own as long as it can't be considered torture. One person killed his puppy by runing over it with a lawn mower .. it was his puppy & he intentionally killed it & since it died right away, the argument was that it wasn't tortured because it didn't suffer.

How anyone can think that this poor pup wasn't "tortured" during this process I can't imagine ... his ears were cut many times by this person's admission in the futile attempt to make them "look more like a Doberman's ears" .. but I am sure some lawyer will argue that it was his dog to do with as he saw fit. So ... we wait for the wheels of justice to turn & hopefully to bring about a conviction in this case.

I have just posted a short update to LJ's webpage & will do so as more information becomes available.

Thank you for caring about the needy & rescued animals.

Sue Owens
Webmaster
www.saveadog.net
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Animal Angels
290 Knowlton Rd.
Jacksboro, TX 76458-3433
940-567-3252
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UPDATE 3-19-2006: Little Joe continues to mend. Our vet says he will recover physically. It is our hope that the emotional trauma of being so brutalized by this person will not imprint on his character for life. Only time will tell.
It has become obvious that Little Joe now has some difficulty hearing. The outer edges of his ears, which would normally funnel sound down in to the ear canal, are missing. We plan to explore the possibility of reconstructive surgery or skin grafting to fashion some semblance of an outer ear to help correct this problem if we can locate a surgeon who thinks this is feasible.
Mauricio Toca Sosa, 24, has been charged with felony cruelty to animals and was being held without bond Thursday afternoon in the Jack County Jail, a jail spokesman said. The Immigration and Naturalization Service has a hold on Sosa.
Animal Cruelty is a state-jail felony in Texas, punishable by up to two years confinement and as much as a $10,000 fine. No court date has been scheduled for Sosa, Jack County officials said Thursday.
Thank you all for your prayers & support for Little Joe. Updates will be posted as new information becomes available.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I couldn't look at the pictures either it would make me sick for sure . I hope this man gets the full sentence possible that they can give to him ! and put in a cell with a animal lover that has been convicted of abusing men , then maybe justice will be served !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those pictures are so horrible, I can't believe people can do that. Animals are so trusting and loyal and look what happens to them. My prayers are with the poor dog and i hope he will recover and will find the love and care he deserves.... as for the horrible creature who did this i really hope he gets what he deserves. What a terrible thing.... my heart goes out to that poor baby

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay ..another update with a address and a phone number you can call to see that justice is serverd in the case. MAYBE people will get the message id they see that people are serious about this.

<DIV>Finally got the info .... I am also posting it onour website. Thanks so much for your interest & help getting the word out.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>TheState Felony charges of Animal Cruelty against Mauricio Toca Sosa will be handled in the</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>271st Judicial District
(Jack and Wise Counties)</DIV>
<DIV>
</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Below is the District Attorney who will decide whether or not to take the case of Little Joe to the Grand Jury. Please take a moment to send a polite letter / FAX / email or make a phone call condemning the actions of Mr. Sosa and asking that he be put on trial for animal cruelty. The next Grand Jury is due to meet on April 7th so time is of the utmost importance if we are to help persuade DA Jones that this crime needs to be punished. A GOOGLE search turned up the following contact info:</DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>District Attorney
Jana Jones
</DIV>
<DIV>271st Judicial District
Wise County Courthouse, Suite 200
Decatur, Texas 76234
940-627-5257
940-627-6404 (Fax)
[email protected]</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>For those who are not familiar with this case, Little Joe is the Rottie-X puppy who was foundwondering the streets of Jacksboro, bloody & in pain,with his ears & tail cut off. Mr. Sosa has reportedly signed a confession admitting that he snipped away at his ears in an attempt to make him look more like a Doberman. Pictures & details of Little Joe's mutilation are posted on our website at www.anmlangls.org/Cruelty/littlejoe.htm </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Texas law allows an owner to do many things to an animal heowns but TORTURE is a criminal offense. Anyone who doesn't believe this little pup was being tortured while this man repeatedly cut away at his ears needs only to look at these pictures & mentally listen to the screams of pain & terror that Little Joe must have cried out while he was being mutilated.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thank you for your interest in Little Joe & for seeing justice enacted for the torture & mutilation done to him.</DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yea!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts