Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took all three of my Rotts for a walk today , I had Apollo , my daughter had Kitty and my son had Rhea . On the way back to the house I have a neighbor who has a cockapoo type of dog that is never on a lead let alone a leash ! Well the dog was sitting on the porch NOT on a lead as always ! I said to the kids step it up hoping the dog didn't see us well he did ! and started to bark and charge at my dogs ! I thought oh
their going to have a extra snack tonight ! The dog came 2 feet from my dogs still barking . I immediately put all the dogs in a sit position . I started to yell for the owner to come out and get his dog which he did but didn't grab his dog just tried to call him over to him ,which wasn't happening ,then I said get your dog !!! We in town have a leash law as most of you know I'm on council so as soon as I got home I called the Mayor and told him what happened and that I was tired of people not obeying it ! Well he will be getting a warning in the mail and if it happens again he will be fined ! They all made me so proud ! All that was running thru my head was 3 Rotts attack a small dog , not that the dog was charging mine and that mine were on leads and minding their own business ! I have to say it again I'm so proud of my babies !!!!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Not all dogs in PA are as fortunate. If you remember it was a year ago next week Dylan got the best of one while we were down there last spring. Again, my dogs were on a leash and this loose dog ran up and jumped on Dylan. Glad nothing like that happened to you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Woooo... I did not know some excitement was happenin at the other end of town!!! Sounds like the Rottie Possie was comin down the street

Glad you are on the council. I am sick that the big dogs are tied up, barracaded, signs posted, locks on the gates, ect... and these little ones can run free all over the place.

You should be very proud of your furbabies....

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trish , your funny
but yes we do look like the Rottie posse when we have all 3 pups out for walk . I always get people who stop in their cars or who are walking by and say you sure do have some big dogs there lady
What kind are they ? DUH
I always want to say (like my vet always says) their ugly poodles

The reason I didn't go up after and knock on his door is his daughter and mine are best friends and my daughter was having a hissie fit about me reaming him a new a$$ ! So I did what should be done called the Mayor ! What is so wild is we have been having problems here with wild cats and dogs running a muck and it was discussed at the last meeting . We decided that people would be fined enough is enough !

2bad I don't know what would have happened if that dog jumped on one of mine, I think it wouldn't have been a pretty site ! The dog would have been lunch ! Apollo is very protective and I will say the whole time he was sitting there he was drooling and whinning ..he wanted that dog bad !! My hands hurt today from having a death grip on his leash ! Thank god I use prong collars !

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I always do the same thing when I see a dog loose.I stop and sit my dogs.I wait and see if the other dog hits the side walk.

The cops here said if it hits the side walk off leash it's mine.I have kicked a few dogs who come to close to mine.One was a loose Rottweiler and when it hit the side walk I yelled and kicked it right in the choppers(wish I was wearing steel tips at the time.)

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the owner of the dog got his letter today hand delivered from the Mayor ! He actually said that his dog was on a longgggggg lead ! Yea right ...... the Mayor ask him where it was !! Ha .....He didn't have one to show him ! got caught in a lie!!!! He was told if it happens again he will be fined !! What a a$$ !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts