Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

I would like Apollo to get used to being groomed and handled by someone other than me. I want to take him to get a bath, nails trimmed, the works. My question is: Is it dangerous to take him where other dogs have been groomed? I mean like for catching diseases, that sort of thing since he is a puppy?</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
When the D-litter was small and I kept 3 I took them to a groomer and she bathed them all for me.You take a chance everyday with your dogs.You can not live in a glass house.You could step on something and bring it home.

You just never know whats out there.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

In the groomers package deal not only do they bathe them, they trim their nails, put a bandanna on them, cologne,and paint their nails. Why would you paint a dogs nails?</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I cant imagine what Apollo would do if I tried to paint his nails LOL

</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Paint Apollos nails ? he's a boy !
you gonna make him a sissy Miss Scarlet
I'm lucky if I can cut my boys nails ....the girls are a different story they don't give me any trouble at all ....Donna this is a question for you why do the boys give me a hard time and the girls don't ?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
My one rescue Tiny had a lifetime membership to a groomers here in NY. He was being boarded at a place that did that type of thing and they said he could come back any time FOR FREE ! I took both dogs up there and they got baths, nails trimmed, bandanas, etc and I only paid for my female every time. It is a shame Tiny didn't live long enough to get a LOT of those free baths

Most places are safe but you don't want to get them groomed too often. Rottweilers stink less than any other dog and you don't want to dry out their skin with too many baths but it is a nice treat every now and then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Moose runs off every time I get the hose out, even though most of the time it's just to spray out her kennel. I truely think she is scared to death of water. It does take some coaxing, and works better with 2 people (she's over 125 lbs., don't know if that's big for a female or not), but she eventually gets a bath.....might be several hours later, but it does happen.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
All over ours get a shower in the bathroom.They all know to jump in the shower.They get a great massage while there.Some don't like getting wet,but once you start rubbing with that rubber horse brush all is forgotten and they injoy it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
rutylr said:
All over ours get a shower in the bathroom.They all know to jump in the shower.They get a great massage while there.Some don't like getting wet,but once you start rubbing with that rubber horse brush all is forgotten and they injoy it.

Isn't it great how horse grooming 'tools' work just as well with dog's... and they are usually less expensive!?!?

....and isn't it curious that a "baby gate" costs less than a "pet gate", and is usually the same thing, only that petmoniker attached to it mysteriously makes it cost more?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts