Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all you Rott Lovers I'am trying to rescue this Rott but can you all Please tell me if you think this is a pure bred German Rottweiler? I look at pervious pics of my Rott that i used to have I know he was a purebred for sure but looking at the pics side by side and although the rott i want to adopt's fur is not as shiny but the markings seem different PLEASE HELP ASAP and tell me if you think this is pure bred or not thank you all here is the link you can click on the pics to make them bigger and then zoom in on the right bottom corner thanks!

[url]http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=6069034&am p;adTarget=&SessionID=4442f2ad1a413c96-app3&display= &preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat [/url]=

·
Registered
264 Posts
Humm......sure "looks" like a rottie to me! As for the german thing,I doubt if he was born in Germany. Does he have a tail?

Good luck with the rescue! I hope all goes well.

Thank you for trying to give a rottie a forever home.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Yup " looks " all rottweiler to me .....

they do have a double coat of fur on there necks ......

this is proly a pic taken in winter when it would be extra thick and furry

like she said as for GERMAN does it have a tail ?????

good luck

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Looks like a Rottweiler.

Some have markings that are dirty and some have clear markings.

Can't say about the German thing.(no such thing as a German Rottweiler) Just Rottweilers born in Germany or of Germanbreeding (which every Rottweiler has some German blood in them).

Good luck if you get the puppy.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
He looks like a Rottie to me ! Wait let me take a look at my 3 .... yep he's a Rottie ....
I sure hope you get him !!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hes a good looking boy,,,but whats the difference if hes a purebred or has papers. We have a 2 year old rescue and she is just fantastic,,,more than we ever hoped for. we arent sure if shes a purebred,,she has no papers and has a white spot on her chest,, we never even asked if she was a purebred,,all we knew was when she ran out ,,ran up to my wife and gave her a big kiss, that she was the one we wanted and we have never even once regretted getting her

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has nothing to do with Purebreeds.....althoug i have nothing against mix breeds i dont think it is fair to the animal. iam not against it i have one of my own it is just how i feel. Papers mean nothing to me that is not that makes the animal. i want a purebreed because that is how i feel. i cant explain it.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
I sorta agree .... i adopted a mix breed rott and sumthin

my step dad wanted it .... then he couldnt handle her ....

because she wasnt a full rottweiler i wouldn't have anything to do with her

i did find her a good safe home .... and do see her often

but i am looking to rescue another .... full rott weiler

but thats all ..... now papers mean NOTHING to me either

i will ONLY rescue if i ever rescue one with papers so be it

i would only loose the papers anyways ....

i been reading alot latley on rotts and that white spot means

NOTHING it could very well be a purebred .... the only thing the

white spot does is disqualify it from the show arena ....

does NOT make it any less of a wonderfull rottweiler pet

so happy hunting in your search ......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts