Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really such a thing as a dangerous dog ?Or could it just be dangerous owners. When you read aboutdog attacks dose the media give you the whole storie or just what the antis want to hear.I have certain thoughts like when I read about children being attacked. The first thing that comes to my mind is what were the parents doing? Was the dog provoked? And were the child and the dog from the same household? I have been told thatthe dog being trained Is only as smart as the person or persons training them. I I have learned that there are certian things that I can and cannot do with my dogs.Like my dog max dose not like to be hugged for some reason or another ,but both heidie and shultz donot care if they are hugged. And as a dog owner if you notice certain traits the why would you allow someone to hugg a dog if you know that he dose not care for it.I remember coming home from work one day and my x strated yelling at me because my sheppard had bitten my daughter in the face. My x and my mom were telling me that I had to put the dog down. I said NO way , because two days before I saw dear mom and the x teaching my daughter how to blow into the dogs face. shame on me for not nipping that in the bud befor it happened. Thats all for now.&n bsp; Rotties rule.Tom&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Dogs are dangers when in the wrong hands.

But they do not start out that way.

Dogs should never be left alone with a small child,as they move fast and make noises like prey.And they are after all dogs and do not think the same way we do.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Not only that but your dog should never be in the company of any one without you because you never know how they may react to certain people and you should always supervise your dog around anyone adults and children alike. but yeah your ex and mother in law are as responsible as the dog for your daughter getting bit. You should have asked them if they ought to be put down too since they taught her what to do to get bit in the first place huh?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dogs are never born bad, thats my view, I have seen dogs that have been throught so much crap and yet they are friendly as anything, I have been a dog lover all my life, I was biten as a child, but it was completely my fault. Also my fiance was bitten by a doberman and he had to get many many stiches, but when he got bit it was human error as well. The owners of the Dobe, his uncle, had it put down. And even being two dog bite victims we have enough sence to know that a dog breed is no indication of weither or not its going to bite. How is it that a viscious german shepherd in Ontario has 30 bite incidents and its still alive! If that were a pitty or rotti it would be lights out for it. I don't understand what makes mydog bite and my fiances dog bite any less tramatic than a pit bite? Its all politics, unfortunatly. They are breeding fear into the public, and it seems to work on some people.

people make dogs what they become.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.