Rottweilers Online Forums banner

really?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ginger's co-owner 
#1 ·
I have nothing new to lend to this post, but I just wanted to say that having a rottie and rottie mix, and their best friend being a pit bull, the only dogs that I have ever come close to being bitten by was a german shepard and a CHOCOLATE LAB! Both being in my own yard none the less!! Both can be chalked up to irresponsible owners.
Both dogs were allowed to run the neighborhood and the owners would willingly open the front door and pretty much say "see ya later" The lab was around the side of my house when I was walking titus (on the leash in my yard), when it saw me it started growling. Titus stood guard but never growled back. We had a stare down and after what felt like several minutes the dog walked off into the neighbors yard. I watched it until it was about 100 feet away and I turned my back to walk to my door. Well, the flipping lab then charged me and I barely got the door closed before it was biting the back door. Thats when Titus barked back and my other dog came running to back him up.
Pretty much the same thing with the Shepard. I was walking my other dog in the front yard when I heard growling. I look up and between us and the door the shepard was standing there with his head lowered and locked in on us. Luckily we live up the road from the Sheriff's training facility and they were just getting out so I flagged a deputy down and he scared it off. The issues with this dog went on for several months.
Everytime I called animal control they said that if there wasnt an incident they couldnt come out! So I took pictures and videos and started carrying pepper spray with me while walking the dogs. I even printed up the city ordinances about the leash law and "dogs at large" and put letters in the mail boxes.

But I love how rottweilers and pitts are the "bad" dogs. The people who write these laws need to take a class from Ceasar Milian and realize it's people's fault for getting bit the majority of the time. Most articles you read about adog attack has to do with children being left unsupervised with dogs! Where are the parents?!

OK that was my rant...thanks for reading.:)

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure where your at but, there are some counties in NC that still don't even have a leash law!! Mostly rural places. We went to look at a house in the country and when we were leaving, we saw this "thing" in the middle of the road. It turned out to be a farmer's golden laying there licking a blood stain from some road kill..LMAO!! He just looked up at us as we rolled by

#3 ·
I have to say: i have a black lab that is so more aggressive than ginger. i don't no where you live but here German shepherds are getting the same crap as pit bulls and rottweilers. I hate people saying pit bulls and rottweilers and German shepherds are so mean and bad dog. I have had a pit bull named diesel but i couldn't afford another dog. I love almost all breeds above 13in. I'm scared of chihuahuas and pomeranians i will admit poodles to. They are mean little donkeys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.