Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I just have joined the community and this is my first post. I am trying to read as much as possible already posted in the forum to learn to keep my Rottweiler pup happy and healthy.

Let me come to the problem I facing. I have received the Pup (3.5 montha old) from a reputed breeder here in India on 1st November. He was large and active. But within a week, while walking he ate something poisonous and immediately got infected with a very severe kind of HIG ( hemorrhagic gastroenteritis). He was constantly pooping and vomitting blood. But after a very aggressive treatment for 11 days he has now recovered.

As per doctors advice I am bringing him back to his regular diet. But what I am seeing is, though he is eating very actively, he is very weak and most of the time sleeping. He lost a lot of weight.

But what surprises me more is his demeanor. He became very scared and submissive. His body language is also showing he is scared.Is it because of his weakness and he eventually overcome from it? Or should I be concerned?

·
Administrator
1,995 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! So sorry to hear what happened to your pup....it must have been so scary! Are the vets sure he ate something and it was not parvo? Parvo has all the same symptoms. Rottweilers for some reason (all black and tan dogs) have a weaker immune system and you need to make sure that they have received all of their vaccinations against parvo/distemper, etc.

Your pup should recover and slowly start growing and gaining weight. He went through a traumatic thing being sick and hospitalized. He should recover fine. Dont' baby him. Always make everything sound happy and positive...he will recover more quickly. Spoil him right now...and then keep up the training and leadership. Let us know how he's doing. Puppy pictures are always welcome. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums!! So sorry to hear what happened to your pup....it must have been so scary! Are the vets sure he ate something and it was not parvo? Parvo has all the same symptoms. Rottweilers for some reason (all black and tan dogs) have a weaker immune system and you need to make sure that they have received all of their vaccinations against parvo/distemper, etc.

Your pup should recover and slowly start growing and gaining weight. He went through a traumatic thing being sick and hospitalized. He should recover fine. Dont' baby him. Always make everything sound happy and positive...he will recover more quickly. Spoil him right now...and then keep up the training and leadership. Let us know how he's doing. Puppy pictures are always welcome. :)
Thanks a lot for the assuring words. It was not Parvo. We tested it twice and both came negetive.

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Rottweiler

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Ear Companion dog

Here he is befire he fell sick. Let him recover. Will post again. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts