Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I've been on. I finally was able to get Reese's ear to lay flat 80% of the time. She still has some fly away moments but then again, I'm not showing her.

She is still a picky eater and very diva-ish. She is now 20 months and she responds to commands real well while off-leash, away from others of course. Still working on the commands when other dogs are around. As far as people go, she's friendly as can be and a "leaner". But when she catches something out of sorts, she's quick to alert on it.

Overall, couldn't be happier with my first Rottie. Now it's deciding if I want to breed her just once so I have a bit of her when the Lord eventually takes her.
Dog Carnivore Working animal Collar Dog breed
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Fawn
Dog Collar Dog breed Working animal Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
She's a very pretty girl!! She really should be shown and titled if she were to be bred. That is the only ethical way to breed. She is old enough now to have her eyes certfied and also her heart by a cardiologist. At 2 years of age she needs x-ray taken of her hips and elbows and sent to OFA www.ofa.org They will let you know her scores for passing hips and elbows. There are also genetic tests that need to be done with a cheek swab and sent away. A mentor or good breeder will be able to steer you the right way and not to be a BYB. Rottweilers as a breed are not healthy...and often health problems show up later. Breeders should do everything ethically possible to produce healthy, well tempered puppies. The sire that is chosen should also be the same. Sadly, we can never clone or get the same dog again...and if you keep one puppy what happens to the 7-9 other puppies ? Good Rottweiler homes are hard to come by....and you are responsible to take back any of those puppies even years later.

Sorry for getting on the bandwagon....but after volunteering for Rottweiler Rescue for many years.....being a responsible breeder is the only way to go.

One thing I did notice is that Reese's left foot seems flat...she is down on her pasterns. Is this from an injury??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts