Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freyja figured out how to roll and get her standard Chewy.com issue reflective vest off. -- she got it off three consecutive times, so it was no accident:):)

Plus her big self was growing out of it, which brings me to the new reflective safety vest Freyja is modeling in this thread:)

I went looking on the web sites that provide gear for hunting dogs -- except for Beagles, hunting dogs as a rule are big, go in the water, thru the brambles, and need gear that won't easily fall apart.

Freyja's reflective safety vest is an XXL, and it easily fits her, lollol. There is room for expansion but Lion Country Supply needs to consider making a XXXL; my neighbor's Weimaraner was taller and beefier thru the barrel than Freyja is, lol

Anyway, my purpose for posting is for those folks who have acreage to where you do let your Rottweilers have some off leash free time, especially at night. Our dogs go with us to the barn every night, plus they run 1-2 daily on our farm, accompanied by us on the 4-wheelers. When Fall gets here, they blend right in with the landscape, so these reflective vests are great for quickly eyeballing them.

Vests are also great to help keep the smell off the dogs hair whenever they want to roll in something smelly, lol

This safety vest is very well made and is surprisingly light weight. The chest piece is solid (no adjustments on it), so the only hooking you have to do is the 3" wide double Velcro girth, and you do the adjusting.

The cost is $24.99, the man was very helpful & friendly, shipping expedient, ANNND this vest is made in the U.S.A.!

https://www.lcsupply.com/Lion-Country-Supply-Dog-Safety-Vest/productinfo/TMCDSV/

If this night picture loads, the flash is my cell phone's flash meeting the reflective strip on the vest.

image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
352 Posts
Interesting, funny you post this today. I just ordered one of these an hour ago: https://miak9.com/cargo-vests/176-tactical-cargo-dog-vest.html
I have one for our Rott and need one for the DDB cross. They make them to order, i sent through measurements of neck, chest and waist.
They make them with MOLLE system loops for pouches (so they can carry their own poop), i added parachute rings for securing them with seatbelts when in the van too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, funny you post this today. I just ordered one of these an hour ago: https://miak9.com/cargo-vests/176-tactical-cargo-dog-vest.html
I have one for our Rott and need one for the DDB cross. They make them to order, i sent through measurements of neck, chest and waist.
They make them with MOLLE system loops for pouches (so they can carry their own poop), i added parachute rings for securing them with seatbelts when in the van too.
I really like that! It will serve your needs well. No poop picking up for me -- it stays where it lands on our farm, unless it's close to the barn, lollol. But I would consider what you have in an appropriate environment:)

I see I ended up with a double post of this thread --- I hope the Mods can delete the other one <sigh>. This IPad and and I have never gotten along:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts