Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I just wanted to share some pictures of my 2 year old Rottweiler. He is the most gentle and loving dog I have ever had. I have had GSDs in the past but, I think I have found my forever breed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's very handsome!! Is he looking out the window of an airplane??
Thank you so much! Yes, this was him flying back to the states with me. I lived in Italy for a couple of years and I bought him while I was over there . When I moved back he flew home on board with me . He was the mascot of the flight and all the kids would come check in on him. Everyone was amazed when they saw him sit up multiple times to check out the view :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 18 month old rotti and he growls at me (98% of the time he is fine) but he does it when he comes to me and I am stroking him. I find this very difficult to understand as he comes to me for a cuddles? He has never been aggressive or snapped at anyone. I just don't understand it, any thoughts would be really appreciated. He hasn't been done yet but for most of the time hw is lovely. He is 1/4 lab not sure if that makes a difference but he is huge and at over 7.5 stone already. Its not the growling that bothers me it's when he does it I don't get? I have a 10 year old daughter and I just need to work this dog out. I have had a big dogs I the past so that doesn't bother me I just don't understand this behaviour? Any advise is welcomed

Rob

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
This growl is his purr. All Rotties purr. Sometimes they bear their teeth. We love their purrs. The attached pic was Bailey, my first Rottie. She wouldn't purr for just anyone. My present 2 Rotties purr too, but not as much as Bailey. Your baby is just showing his love. The purr is not the quite the same sound as the growl. Your daughter is safe and will eventually get the purr too. The picture attached is when Baily would get 1 million kisses from my daughter. She'd say, " Bailey needs a million kisses and that face would show up. After the kisses started the purr would start.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
I have an 18 month old rotti and he growls at me (98% of the time he is fine) but he does it when he comes to me and I am stroking him. I find this very difficult to understand as he comes to me for a cuddles? He has never been aggressive or snapped at anyone. I just don't understand it, any thoughts would be really appreciated. He hasn't been done yet but for most of the time hw is lovely. He is 1/4 lab not sure if that makes a difference but he is huge and at over 7.5 stone already. Its not the growling that bothers me it's when he does it I don't get? I have a 10 year old daughter and I just need to work this dog out. I have had a big dogs I the past so that doesn't bother me I just don't understand this behaviour? Any advise is welcomed

Rob
Please start a new thread in Behavior .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts