Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Rol

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Kitty 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Nate, & Ari, It seems that members are having a hard time getting used to the new upgrade. One thing I noticed is that you can only see who is on at that given time. We are used to seeing who has been on for the whole day. Also the Admins. used to have their own chat box to talk privately sometimes about a member that is causing trouble and what action we should take. Are the pm's still showing up in the chat box? I know you all still have some quirks in the new upgrade and are working on them. I know it's been hard for some members to adjust.....I have been on here the first day for 5 hours then the next day for 3 to figure out what was what. Why? Because I feel I need to know the new upgrade and how it works. I'm going to make a new post to members and tell them don't be afraid to post and chat! I know it's all new to them but we needed it big time! :)

#2 ·
I like the new site, the only thing I miss is being able to chat and browse through the site at the same time. Also, do we still get email notices when someone replies to your post??

#3 ·
Hi everyone -

Re: the "whose online" list, it now shows anyone which has been online in the last 24 hours - not just though people online this second.
And yup, email notifications should still automatically be sent whenever someone replies to a post :)

Thanks everyone for coping with the change in software - we really believe it was the right thing to do to secure the continued success of the forum. We'll have all the final bugs worked out soon!

#7 ·
Ari, is there anyway that the chat box area can be popped up so you can see if someone is chatting to you? Plus sound?....we used to have a bing of sorts to let you know if someone was saying hello. As of right now the only way to see if someone wants to chat with you have to be on the home page. Have a Happy Easter......:)

#8 ·
I see that area's of the forum are in alphabetical order that's nice......... but if you want to see a post that was posted yesterday or the day before you have to search thru them all. It's making it a bit tricky to find a post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.