Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All,

I rescued a puppy last night and the rescue said he is a Rottweiler/Lab mix. I do not believe this to be so. He is approximately 8 months and is 40lbs but he is very short about 16" to his shoulders.

Im thinking some hound...he is a rescue from West Tennessee.

Any help would be great.

Thank you all in advance for any help!

IMG_3121.jpg IMG_3117.jpg peyton6.jpg IMG_3127.jpg IMG_3121.jpg IMG_3117.jpg peyton6.jpg IMG_3127.jpg

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Definitely hound in there...black and tan is a common coat color in many breeds... but the look on his face as he sits on the couch hints at rottie to me... Lots of white too. Cute pup :)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I would hazard a guess that he's got hound in there somewhere, and looks like maybe Greater Swiss Mountain Dog...

Reactions: Sheera'smom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you so much for the replies!!! Also he has in his tan sections he is brindle so who know what that comes from...Either way we love him he has been a great pup! We are just trying to get him to play a bit seems like all he wants to do is sleep and lay around.

Thanks again for the replies and if anyone else has any thoughts please chime in!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Be careful what you wish for... ;)

Assuming the rescue you got him from had him all checked out by a vet and he has all his shots, he's probably just making sure he's in the right place so to speak. I've heard trainers talking about the "rule of threes" when adopting a dog..3 days to settle in, 3 weeks to learn the ropes, 3 months to really be "home".

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ahh, the elusive HeinzWeiler or DoberHoundWeiler, Great dog, looks very trainable, I like his colors and conformation, he displays the Rottie ear position eh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts