Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dixie, my 10 month puppy has given up on her Royal Canin Rottweiler puppy food. Won't touch it unless I had beef gravy or an egg. But she has no problem eating Hank's Royal Canin large breed dog food. Is it too early to feed her adult food?

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
She's fine eating Hank's food. Many Rottweiler breeders never bother feeding Puppy Food at all...and they grow well. I would honestly look to feed a better quality food than Royal Canin. It's a grain heavy food that has very little meat, and expensive for what you get.
Here are the first ingredients for Royal Canin Large Adult Food : Chicken by-product meal, brewers rice, wheat, brown rice, chicken fat, corn gluten meal, natural flavors, dried plain beet pulp, fish oil, calcium carbonate, monocalcium phosphate, salt, potassium chloride, sodium silico aluminate, choline chloride,

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Looked at your list from a previous post years ago. Have chosen Wellness Large Breed Puppy Food and will buy Hank the Wellness Large Breed Adult Food when he's done his present bag. Thank you so much.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Have gone to the Costco Large Breed dog food here in Florida. Hank and Dixie love it.. We add some chicken or cooked hamburger to it and all is good
For the price and the quality ..Costco food is decent. Besides some added chicken and hamburger, you can also add at different meals an egg, or split a can of sardines between the two dogs, or add a spoonful of plain natural yogurt. If you have a slow cooker....start some veggies that may have seen some better days...like carrots, potatoes, zucchini, broccoli, etc...and add some meat that has been sitting in the back of the freezer for awhile. Make a nice 'doggie stew' and add to the kibble as a topper.

Reactions: Agis
1 - 5 of 5 Posts