Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a female rotti she is 8 Months and weighs in at 62lbs. I am new to this breed, my wife has had rottis all her life but never a female only males. So here are a few of my question:

My rotti goes days without eating sometimes, is this ok? (She is healthy as per vet)

She has huge paws however looks lanky, does the size of her paws determine how big she will get?

I have her on Eukanuba rottweiler formula is this a good choice? She's a picky eater and we have tried health extension, science diet, wellness, nothing seems to interest her into eating more frequently any ideas?

Sorry for all the questions, want to make sure that I am doing the best I can for her and this is new to me and my wife. Her male rottis were always big eaters and grew fast. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
She is not going to starve herself. My suggestion is to try some raw meat to see how she reacts to it. Easy test is raw hamburger or hot dogs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good idea, have I mentioned she is a very gassy dog. She has been checked by 2 different vets and all is good in health and blood check ups but every other night her farts are really bad. Wonder if raw meat will ease the gas.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Rotties are notorious farters. Try a little yogurt or kefir in her food. Sometimes a spoonful of non spiced canned pumpkin helps.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Rotties are notorious farters. Try a little yogurt or kefir in her food. Sometimes a spoonful of non spiced canned pumpkin helps.

yes, some people are surprised when they hear the sound of a rottie's fart... for how human it sounds! i also think that their snoring sounds human as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts