Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the petstore tonight and I found this great magazine called Rottweiler Training Secrets. Seems to be very much full of information. Everything fromhousetraining to re-habilitating a rescue. Deals with aggresion, basics, schutzhund, and many topics. I have only read about 15 pages so far but seems well worth the $9.95 I paid for it ( it is worth that for the pictures )

If you would like to locate one near you , try 1-888-PET-BOOK ( 738-2665 ) or go to www.populardogs.com it is topic volume 12 and is part of the popular pets series.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got that about a week ago and I LOVE it. Like you said, it is worth the price in pictures alone but the info is great too!

·
Registered
369 Posts
A few weeks ago I purchased the same magazine. The $12.99 Canadian was well worth it. Ithas a ton of valuable information in it. I was looking at page 94 and couldn't believe that dog was actually a Rottweiler, it looked like grizzly bear
. Anyhoo, I purchased it when I took Neyla to PetSmart to shop and socialize, and was pleased with the information in it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I will just say please use caution with things like this. While they might offer some great tips here and there, many times these mags and atricles are written by people who are hired to write about certain breeds but have never owned them. There are some erally great books abour training Rottweilers out there written by people who have actually owned the breed...one of my faves is ' Training Your Rottweiler' by Barbara McNinch. Another is 'The Ultimate Rottweiler' by Andrew Brace...has areally nice section on training with photos!

Honestly, the title should be a dead give away...there are no secrets to training Rottweilers or any other dog that I know of. I was not aware that fairness, firmness and consistencywere top secret concepts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts