Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned three Rottweilers now, and I find it so interesting how different dogs are so similar in their traits. They're all deffinitely loyal, protective and stubborn. Even Jewel as a younger pup, if someone walked into our yard, she would go on guard and alert us that someone was there (and then turn into a suck). It's just natural for her to do! But here's one that I'm unsure if it's just my dogs or most Rottweilers. Licking! They love to lick us, lick our guests, and lick eachother. So does anyone else have licking Rottweilers? And I'm sure there's other common traits I'm missing! :p

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have one licker and one who doesn't lick. Chopper licks everything, but Warlock just wants to be scratched all over. However, they share the same enjoyment of sitting on my feet when I'm standing up. I think they want to see if weebles really do wobble. :^)

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
CountryJewel that's a good question. One trait that has been in my rotties is they are or were aloof. They are so different though. Moose is a TV watcher. So much so that we have to put him in the crate in the living room if we are watching a program with animals. If he sees any animal and it is calm he just looks intently but if they are fighting he starts barking and jumping in his crate so we change the channel. Nikki doesn't pay any attention to the TV.

·
Registered
688 Posts
So far our CoCo is a licker....our other boy Dakota was not.
Regarding consistent trait's.... here is my consistent within the breed....
"The lean"
"The look off, even though they are looking at you"
"The nickle"....those moment's where your dog acts like cupid stuck an over sized love and play arrow in them....the dog runs around with a ball...rope...toy.... tosses it all over...all the while running...jumping....and grumbling in complete joy and happiness.
"The stupid" now "I" know this is not smart...but I'm going to try it.... yuck!... yet.... I'm going to try it one more time. Case in point...my prior Rottie...while we were painting the walls...walked up and tried a taste of the latex white paint...yuck!....yet... maybe I will make sure for good measure. Goofball.

I could go on and on...CoCo is an affectionate little lady...that's for sure. I can go out to take the trash to the curb...come back into the house...and I get the "been gone for a week greeting".
Great post "CJ"...it should be neat to see where this goes.

I've one that wants to give kisses after licking her butt. LOL
HaHaHa.... I find it funny....when we feed CoCo pork or tripe...it gives her a touch of gas. When she fart's...her head pop's up....she smells the air...looks at her butt in complete surprise. It's like the start of a magic show...pretty funny till the smell hit's ya.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I never answered the licking question. I have never had a licker but we don't like being licked so when they are young we just say yuk and they realize not to do it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Deffinately so interesting! There are two comments that I always get about my dogs. Actually three if I include the licking! First, that they are always leaning on people. Usually sit on someones feet and do the Rottie lean :) Second, my Mom brought this to my attention, that Ruby and Jewel both would stare right in your eyes and watch what you are doing. My Mom commented that most dogs could care less and usually aren't so interested in what us humans are doing. But not my Rotties, they all have been very watchful and curious! So the breed does have some consistent traits!
And another thing as Jewel is asleep at my feet.......the snoring and the gas! Phew.....the gas I could do without! LOL

·
Registered
688 Posts
If the Mrs knew that, I wouldn't have anyone to blame :D
The worst of it was probably when we first got started feeding raw/PREY diet....and also during the introduction of a new protein source.
Now it's rare that we have much of a problem...good to know about the pumpkin though.
Let me tell ya....CoCo can clear out a room...woke me up out of a stone cold sleep...and I was like... uh oh...accident in her crate....only to find out it was just hot air...WOW.
Were inseparable now...and she's a great little girl...and growing up to be a very trustworthy, loyal, and loving companion.
We have been blessed.... in 11 more day's she will be 1 year old.:cool:

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I love this topic! LOL All of my Rotts have gas and can clear out a room....hell they even get up and leave......LOL I love when one of them does a poof and they are sleeping and it wakes them up and they look around like what was that? I know this is to much info but my hubby is a fart king! One day I thought to my self I'm going to count how many times he does it.....I stopped at 100! LMAO Ken, like you he tries to blame it on the dogs at times! Now for the licking....my Rotts don't really lick. Kitty, will grumble at Rhea, at times then she will give her kisses. Crazy Rotties! You got to love them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.