Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you all know that Zeus has settled down and has lost all aggressiveness that he was showing. He has reigned new title of "VELCRO-DOG". He seems to be rather lonely and is clinging to us all and refuses to let anyone out of his sight. He has been herding the children into one room, and last night pinned all of us on the couch under him, I would have taken a pic but I couldn't get to the camera. We are discussing purchasing another rottie sometime next year and are looking into a few breeders to find just the right one. But in the meantime, we are thinking about also rescuing a rottie from the local pound. I think I'm gonna need a bigger bed, does anyone know of anything bigger than a king size??LOL

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
That's nice to hearthat Zeus is coming around ... Velcro -dog ey ? Sometimes I have 3 of them here
If my Kitty pinned me on the couch she would smoosh me
but I will say that when hubby gets up from the couch it's free game so the dogs think ...he will come back and say thats not right
I'll be on the couch with all 3 and no room for him and I have a big couch !!! don't ya just love em ...

Rescuing is a wonderful idea . I'm sure there are some Rotty rescues near you ..... ask Donna she might know she knows everything !!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
There is a Calif King size bed.I had one and it was still not big enough for me and 2 rottweilers(they always have to be touching you and push you off no matter how big the bed is)

Donna

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
They tell you to get back on that horse when you fall off and I think it is the same way with losing a dog. When Tiny died I was heartbroken but I just have a feeling that HE sent me Dylan to help ease my pain. It helped a lot but it never made me forget about Tiny. I looked at it as though Dylan was filling in , not replacing my buddy.

If you are really looking for a rescue try petfinder.com and you just may be surprised at what you will find there. Shelters, kennels, rescues , all place dogs there and you can find anything from older dogs to pups. Dylan was a petfinder dog and everyone should be so lucky to find a dog as nice as him. Good luck and thanks for considering a rescue

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been on petfinder to see what was there. We have decided to go through our local dog warden. They get Rotties in all the time and they have a 7 day limit there. 4 of those days they are not adoptable, it's a chance for an owner to claim them, and then 3 days to be adopted. I put a call in yesterday and left my number, they know me down there because I have pulled dogs before and cleaned them up, trained them and rehomed them. Hopefully by next week I'll be able to save a dog.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I think it is wonderful that you decided to get a rescue
She or he will probably be the best dog ever !!! Good luck in finding a new baby...... and please let us all know when you do !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.