Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We lost a member of our family today. Our 5 month old puppy slipped out of the pen this morning and ran into traffic. We are really heartbroken and trying to explain to my four year old that her puppy was not just sleeping. The lady that hit her stopped by about 15 minutes after it happened. She apologized and felt really bad. We let her know that we were not mad at her as it was not her fault. Fortunately, sally did not suffer, the impact snapped her neck and she went almost instantly. We are all sad and Zeus is really acting up. I am not sure what do do for him except extra treats and love, not like he doesn't get enough already.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your pup . I'ts a sad day here for acouple of people here ....
I think your Zeus is feeling your loss and his too . All I can say is give him lots of loven's ....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zeus isn't doing so well, all day he has been overly aggressive. He even snapped at me!!! Something he has never done before. I went out and bought him a new squeaky baby, and he is "mothering it" and being really protective. He buried it in his blanky. I am really worried about him. We aren't really ready to get another family member, but he is making us really consider it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can be really hard for a while and sometimes another one helps out alot but it can never replace one you loved. I hope Zeus is going to be ok hes temper doesn't seem right for some reason but i'm sure he's just upset loosing a friend. I hope and pray for the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.